Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Waiver Trading   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
HoboMan6525

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
so if this were a thing could i just keep drafting and releasing(/trading for picks) until i get a good player and then take that player. i could repeat this process as many times as possible until i get a player i want?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The only way I would consider this idea workable is if you gave up your first draft pick, and it didn't go to the other team. Then it would essentially be the premium claim idea, except instead of using a premium claim you use a 1st round draft pick.

BTW, a side effect of that would be more good players sliding down to lower rounds in the draft. It also helps balance out some of the "waiver luck", since that team that got a super "waiver lotto" loses a valuable draft pick in compensation.

Updated Wednesday, March 15 2017 @ 6:32:56 am PDT
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I completely agree with rock on his points. The more players you would theoretically drop and have claimed, the more draft picks you would earn (and the higher probability of higher round picks).

However, your last post rock gave me an idea if there was a two-tiered waiver system. What if you had to give up your first round pick the following season to use a priority claim? Hmm... interesting idea. I kind of like it.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think, we all agree that the seller side will be fine with this. I think, you are overrating the negativeness of it on the buyer side.

Again, it is true that teams with good players will have more players to sell but that is not the product of the premium claim. That is due to their great managing skills, and luck, of course.

Now, how about the teams that have low selling capitals?

Can we please weigh if they will rebuild faster with premium claim or with the current system?

I will argue that they will rebuild faster with premium claim because I think, almost every bad team out there at least have two veteran players that will be taken with a premium claim. Instead of letting those two veterans walk without receiving anything, they will at least get two picks for them.
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

I like the basis of the idea and want trading in the game but it will just help the teams at the top stay at the top. I know ur trying to help the bad teams in this but it will just make it worse. Part of the reason is cause there is only 10 rounds in BB Draft. In the actual MLB Draft there is like 200 rounds. This idea would work better if there were like 30-50 rounds. And no, I am not for that many rounds in the draft. It would just make the game more complicated and generate more busts. In BB there is still an "EHH" chance of getting a 13 POT in round 10. So let's say a legends has 3 1B with exact same build in the majors who r good. 1 of the 3 won't see the field at all in the season so he would cut him and try to get a pick for that which draft pick could be a 22 year old stud pitcher and he needs more of them. So he just went from a benchwarmer to a very good starter. That is how it would help them stay at the top.
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
We all see the good side on the good teams but nobody wants to open their eyes to the risk that they will go through if they overdo it.

If my understanding is correct, the waiver gives equal chance to all claimers..

So, mathematically, your point that it will give more advantage to a team with more capital is not really true.

Look!

Team A has 20 draft picks to use for a premium claim. While a team B has only 10.

They put a premium claim on 50 same players. Is there chance on each, different? NO. They have equal chance. So, team B getting 10 premium claims and Team A getting none has the same equal chance of Team A getting 10 and B getting none.

Yes. The chance that Team A gets 20 players is there but the RANDOMNESS makes it a very very hard possibility.

The supply and demand factor will be there. The better the player, the more team will claim, the lesser the chance of success.

I am hoping admin can determine if my opinion is correct.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
"So, mathematically, your point that it will give more advantage to a team with more capital is not really true."

This is completely wrong. First off, if I have twice as many draft picks, I can make twice as many priority claims. This doubles my odds of succeeding. Second off, 20 draft picks used in the draft will get you more good players than 10 draft picks used in the draft. Again, twice as many on average.

Updated Friday, March 17 2017 @ 4:54:50 am PDT
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It does not double your chance..

A team with 10 draft picks and a team with 30 draft picks can both put a premium claim for 100 players.

And for those 100 claims, both will have equal chances for each one.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Not to comment if this is a good or bad idea in theory, but it just seems like the bookkeeping and implementation of this idea would be quite extensive.

Steve
supermanager123

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think Balbinjj is correct. No matter HOW many draft picks you have, your chance of actually winning your waiver claim is the same; whether you have 10 picks or 100!

Previous Page | Show All |