Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Translation   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Robinsongtq

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Any chance of translate the game to spanish??? Im from Venezuela, if you need any help, i'll be happy to do it!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
There is some coding I need to do to support multiple languages, but it is something I’d like to do.

As I see it, there are basically three components that I need to support:

1. Translation of the text pages – like the Game Manual / Rules, Newbie Guide & Checklist and to a lesser extent Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy paged.
2. Translation of the menus and website navigation.
3. Translation of the game engine events (specifically the game summaries)

There was another player who wanted to do some translation, but he disappeared unfortunately. I’ve considered using Google translate (of something similar) to accomplish a first pass at step one. Both of the others would require some work, but I think are doable.

From my records, it looks like we have 20-40 active players that have Spanish list as their preferred language.

Also, we could open a Spanish language forum, but my Spanish is pretty limited, so it would be difficult for me to answer a lot of questions.

Steve
Robinsongtq

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well, for me its very easy to do, I can translate the entire page in a hour or two (with the events, the summary, everything.), the only thing I need its an email or something where I can send you the final work when its done.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Well, I have the rules in Spanish (via Google Translate). Not sure how accurate it is. I get the sense that a lot of words are translated out of context. So a Short Stop is translated literally rather than the correct baseball term.

Anyway, here's what it looks like: Spanish Rules Page

Steve
Robinsongtq

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Google doesnt work for this, I will send you everything I can by the in game mail, with the real translation (not the google one), so you can see the difference between one and the other :p
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Would it be easier if I sent you the html file?

Steve
Robinsongtq

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Fine, im working on the rules section right now.

Previous Page | Show All |