Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Blown Saves   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
as you already calculate Holds all requirements are available :)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
A blown save (abbreviated BS or B) is charged to a pitcher who enters a game in a situation which permits him to earn a save (a save situation or save opportunity), but who instead allows the tying run to score. Note that if the tying run was scored by a runner who was already on base when the new pitcher entered the game, that new pitcher will be charged with a blown save even though the run will not be charged to the new pitcher, but rather to the pitcher who allowed that runner to reach base. The blown save was introduced by the Rolaids Relief Man Award in 1988.[10] A pitcher who enters the game in a save situation and does not finish the game—but his team still leading—is not charged with a save opportunity. Save percentage is the ratio of saves to save opportunities.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, I've put the logic in to start tracking blown saves. So we'll have the data for seasons going forward plus there is an indication in the box score now.

I’m working on an expanded statistics display mode, so you’ll be able to view the numbers from there.

Steve
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
that's awesome Steve...you rock
Utah Dodgers

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice Steve.
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Question about how blown saves are being calculated in the game.

For my last cup game (#894059) the Blown Save was attributed to pitcher #59358, even though the game was lost/over well before he was put in. Is that correct?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Midland 3, Greenwood 2

Bottom 9th: Greenwood
Granados comes in to pitch.
Romo strikes out.
Zamora hits a single to short stop.
Ward comes in to pinch run for Zamora.
Pruitt draws a walk.
Granados throws a wild pitch. Ward advances to third base. Pruitt advances to second base.
The infield draws in.
Brewer is intentionally walked.
Rocha comes in to pitch.
Clayton lines out to short stop.
Reese comes in to pinch hit for Tapia.
Reese hits a home run. Ward comes in to score. Pruitt comes in to score. Brewer comes in to score.
Midland 3, Greenwood 6

No, I think this is correct. When Rocha comes into pitch, Midland is still up 3-2 with 1 out and the bases loaded. This is a save situation. Rocha then gets Clayton to line out. If he gets Reese for the third out, then he would get the save. Unfortunately, Reese takes him deep for a Grand Slam!

The previous pitcher, Granados is charged with the three runs for loading the bases and gets the lose because he was responsible for the winning run getting on base. Rocha is charged only with Reese’s run (the home run), but blew the save opportunity so is given a blown save. Reese is a hero in Greenwood with his 9th inning, 2 outs, pinch hit Grand Slam!

Steve

Updated Tuesday, February 19 2013 @ 9:43:48 am PST
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
sorry if i'm missing something...although i did notice a notification in the game report...i haven't noticed blown saves in a players statistics...is displaying it in statistics not set up yet?
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is a expanded stat section in the statistics page.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Right, you can view this from the statistics page if you go to Expanded view.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |