Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> limiting high quality players   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It seems to me that for some people this discussion has become all about the top dog team and finding out what to do to harm it the most. I wonder, if Saratoga had many switch hitters someone would probably suggest to raise the salaries of such players.

It shouldn't be about that. We shouldn't be focusing on penalizing a game strategy (focus on free agents) to benefit another (investment in the minors).

What we should focus on is in making it possible for all types of players (casuals or active players) to choose which strategy to adopt. At the moment, the casual player does not have the option for a free agent strategy, so all he can do is build a farm system. The solution is not to ruin the FA strategy, and force everyone to build a farm system. The solution is to make both strategies available for both types of players.

A claiming system does that, and without touching the finances of the game.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
how about instead of putting a minor cap...change the salary calculation...i didn't realize that you could rotate players in and out of minors to lower stats and therefore salary...an all star that is injured for most the season and so only plays a quarter of the games and gets low stats...he gets paid for his stats per game...not per season...so that's how it should be calculated here...so if a guy only plays 80 games...his seasonal stats may resemble a less skilled player but the salary calculator would know better...keeping his salary high...making it harder to keep them all...

also...maybe put in a waiver system (i know i know) where players over a certain SI or over a certain salary will get put on waivers before being able to be sent down...they get claimed...they're on another team...no one claims em...said manager keeps him...
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
you're allowed 50 players...your major team can have 30...you can leave 5-10 spots open to claim new players and still have 40 players...which is more than enough to put in your major team...

so what's the issue?...the math works for me
Minnie Miñoso

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's a very good idea about being able to claim major league players that get assigned to minor league clubs.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
sounds like a rule V draft :D

I also want to state that Saratoga deserves its position, as Jebou already plays this game since the beginning and played smart within the borders of the rules.

Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
tc_ferdzz,

Like I explained before, a claiming system is crippled if people refrain from claiming players. If they have to make room in advance they are going to refrain themselves from claiming.

Besides, nobody gets hurt if the roster temporarily accommodates an extra player until the manager logs back and deals with the new player add.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
and then maybe they shouldn't be getting any more players?...why not just leave say...3 spots open on your roster all the time...so if a player comes up that you want...SHAZAM...you can claim him...i don't just pick up players to make a full 50 man roster...i pick up players that i think will be good for me WHEN they are good for me...for the longest time i only had about 45...each Friday i'd check the draft...if i had a good prospect...pick him up...if not...no harm...now i'm back to 50...and probably in the off season i will revise my roster and release who i think may be dead weight...opening up new space...it's the circle of life (in sports) my friend...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry about my absence from this discussion…I’ve been down with this flu/cough for the last couple of days and haven’t had the time to really respond to each and every point.

Let me just say, it seems like everyone has a lot of complicated solutions: limiting minor league salaries or number/type of transfers or overhauling the waiver system. I am considering making changes to all of those mechanisms, but I would prefer to see the economics of the game handle it like many other online sports management games. To me, rather than regulating the minor league salaries a team can have or the number of transfers a team makes, it’s probably a better solution to limit total income a team creates and then let each individual player determine how they wish to allocate it.

Some changes are coming though. We will be giving salary discounts to players with their original clubs and also for those players that have been with their current club for multiple years. This will encourage player development and also discourages too much rapid turnover. However, this will take several seasons to really have a dramatic effect.

I am also monitoring and tweaking the income model as I collect more data on teams from each league level and degree of achievement. A lot of people have pointed to the Cowboys as an example of how the system is broken or not working. But the Cowboys opponents in the Legends playoffs this season are the Panthers, a team that has risen from league VI and is now competing for the title.

I welcome all feedback, but please let’s try to keep it constructive and not personnel.

Thanks,

Steve
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thx for mentioning me :D

i had some luck on the waivers recently ...
But one point why Saratoga and maybe me it so good, is that almost all others team in the legends league are so bad. Almost every player in my team produced better stats than a league below. My pitchers went from so-so #4-5 spot to cy young ace pitchers which means opponent batting "sucks" compared to league level 2 and 3
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
really? cool all I need to do then is get some Pitchers.....lol jk

I will finally see what this Legends League is made of, if what you say is true, I should be able to stay there. If not......then I'd be fighting to stay in Legends

Previous Page | Show All |