Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Set our own ticket prices   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DodgerBlue42

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One of my favorite things about this game is the financial aspect of managing the team. I was thinking it might be cool if users could set their own ticket prices? The higher the cost the more the team makes, however the more difficult it is to get a high attendance. On the other hand the lower the cost, the more people show up but less revenue comes in.

maybe pair the league record with ticket demand also, like if you're expecting to have a great season maybe set ticket prices higher. Or if you're thinking its going to be a building year set the prices lower so there will be more people in attendance.

Or if your team is rich and good make the tickets dirt cheap to aim to sell out each game?

mcrmoe

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not a fan of adding more complexity to something that seems to be working just fine. Fan mood (winning record in a sense) is tied to ticket sales, so better teams are already rewarded.

Outside of simulation games, teams will adjust ticket prices to min/max their losses/profits. In BB we have the option to adjust stadium size, which has the same effect.
DodgerBlue42

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@mcrmoe I see your point in not wanting to make it more complex, but what I'm suggesting wouldn't be overly complicated, just a setting that you would make during the off-season that couldn't be adjusted in season.

Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For the most part (except for some LL V and VI teams) finances aren't a major worry in this game so I don't see the need to complicate something that is trivial and relatively unimportant to a lot of teams.

Previous Page | Show All |