Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Limit on manager switches?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dmcc1

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As nobody seems to be doing this don't you think it would have been better to mail Steve direct so he could look at it rather than post in the forums and give any unscrupulous characters that play the game some free advice on how to exploit a possible loophole?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally, I don't feel this is much of an exploit. if somebody wants to play a shell game with managers, God bless. Now you have two crappy managers, good luck with that.

If Steve feels this warrants a fix of some kind, how about adding a signing bonus to managers? Every time you sign a manager, you pay a one-time fee. Owners playing in the spirit that the game intended managers to operate will have to pay the fee once every great once-in-a-while, but an owner using this exploit would have to pay the fee every time they switch.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
When the spirit of the game gives some owners benefits just because they log in at the right time and rifle through hundreds of managers, I'm all for people exploiting a bad system. In fact, I'd considered it before, namely last year when I threw my season under the bus. The new managers are a disservice to the game. It's probably the worst somewhat recent change to the game. The other is not allowing runners to score on line drives (sac flies). I've considered suggesting eliminating that silly lack-of-base-running mandate, but since Steve added it to the mix he obviously thinks it makes sense (which is absolutely doesn't).

I retract all my statements about fixing this loophole. Let owners go for it.

Updated Saturday, November 12 2016 @ 4:40:47 am PST
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd bookmarked several guys as possible replacements to my manager on day one. A couple with all positive reports were still available into the regular season. JJ got one of them if I remember correctly.

Updated Saturday, November 12 2016 @ 4:46:09 am PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As for the positives of posting these sorts of subjects in the forums instead of PMing Steve, I think it is positive to see the various points of view of the community before Steve commits some of his free time to making changes to the game. Yes, this is ultimately Steve's game, but he is only one person, and I like to think that most normal people can see the utility in getting second and third opinions on making changes to the game. Sure, it can be frustrating weighing all the pros and cons so publicly, but I think it makes all of us better informed on all the issues (non-dev side at least).

Yes, there are lots of pure opinions in there, but I do my best to be honest in not stating opinion as fact.

Edit: I don't know where these extra words are coming from... I used to do much better editing while typing. Fixed grammar.

Updated Saturday, November 12 2016 @ 9:23:58 am PST
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I got a manager I really like this last time around, but I actually went through the other new guys and bookmarked some good ones - which I've since recommended to new players of the game. I'm all heart. :)

And I'm in the UK too. Training updates are around 1100GMT, or 0600EST if you prefer. Around.

Updated Saturday, November 12 2016 @ 11:02:56 am PST
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I see the point of this but what has happened to me and I bet several other owners fire a manager pick one up for about 10 games or so In till you find a better manager also who would do that and somebody would pick up one of the managers so I fell like this is a waste of Steves time.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah. That's why I was saying it would hurt people trying to play normally more than fix the rare cases of someone trying to exploit the system.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Is there an example of somebody whose swapping managers to frequently?

I think we could fix this easily...I'm just not sure anyone is really exploiting the system in this manner. It would be a lot of effort for marginal gain.

Steve
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 I haven’t seen any evidence of it, myself, but I thought the potential of it happening warranted at least bringing it up.

Previous Page | Show All |