Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Temporary Minor League Callups   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Say you have 50 guys in your organization and a full major league roster (or don't, this is just an example) and one of your guys gets hurt and you have no suitable replacement on your big league roster - can it be made so a minor leaguer can go up, fill in that role, and then go back down without taking away from his rookie status and not upping his annual salary to $500,000 from $200,000? (edit: Maybe giving him full-time player cash would happen only if you left him up there for an entire training period or something like that.)

Just a thought. Not sure how well this could work with coding and etc.
I know similar is done in the MLB is part of why I ask.

Updated Wednesday, October 12 2016 @ 7:53:00 pm PDT
mikkoredsox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So you want to remove one of the roster strategy elements? No thanks.

FurySK

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If finances were more a part of the game, then it would make sense to make the 200k to 500k jump tie in with the qualifying event (AB's, games, appearances, innings pitched). If 300k a season for 1 additional season is something you fear is going to break you, then there are more internal problems with the team composition than game-oriented design problems.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
We don't have to have guys clear waivers and stuff like that, so I kind of feel we already have some advantages here. Plus we are given a larger 5 slots on our rosters. So I don't really feel like we need additional advantages in this regard.

If something like this was done, I would think it would be best to link it with the training update, since they aren't benefiting from being in the majors if they are brought down for the update.

Also, I believe they won't lose rookie status if they aren't up for the updates. They just lose minor leaguer status.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball

If 300k a season for 1 additional season is something you fear is going to break you, then there are more internal problems with the team composition than game-oriented design problems.

I don't have problems with giving $300K to a guy...it would just be nice to not have to
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
One of the reasons we have larger big-league roster is so that casual users don't have to swap players on to the Disabled List and up and down to the minor leagues. I think in general we're never going to have the call-up/send-down roster moves that real-life clubs have. The game moves too fast for that and people aren't full-time GM's.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |