Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Remove Release from Assignment drop down   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Would it be possible to put a warning about this in the manual to prevent newer players who are unaware from making this mistake?

I don't know anything about programming, but I think players should be aware of this until it can be modified.

Updated Friday, December 30 2016 @ 10:42:25 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I really think you would be better off just removing the "release" option. At best its extraneous. At worst it causes people to drop players by accident.

There is a giant "Release" button at the bottom of every player's card. Seems more than sufficient to me.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with the above...why not just remove the release assignment?
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Thirded, or fourthed, or whatever. Just remove it from the drop-down.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I disagree. Keep it, but require some sort of confirmation. I'm actually surprised there isn't a confirmation already, as I'm a firm believer that anything with a potential negative effect on your team should require you be absolutely sure. I use this when I need to clear roster space, for instance if I'm running the full 17 on my majors roster and need to make room for a newbie. It's quicker than checking the reassignment page, seeing someone's due for a callup, pulling up the guy you want out of the way for that callup, going back to the reassignment page and making the callup. I honestly don't care what form the confirmation takes, but yes... if it comes with the potential to cause you pain, slap a warning on it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Do you often release 3-4 guys at once? I usually only dump 1 or 2 guys. Just as easy to hit the button, and a whole lot safer. The button should have a confirmation as well, but the drop down is just asking for trouble. Its not worth keeping just to save you 2 seconds once a week.
Dan6176

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually just look at my full roster or prospect rating pages then click on the player(s) I want to drop and drop them from their profile page. I can hit the back arrow icon(or key when I'm on my phone) and never have to worry about dropping someone accidentally. I'm for getting rid of the reassignment page release option, and letting everyone know about this glitch until it can be changed.

newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock, I have actually released 3-4 guys at once on multiple occasions, and rely on the reassignment page to carry it out when I do it. That said, although I was originally against removing it, I would rather abstain at this point, because I did almost accidentally release someone I would have been very irritated about losing.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I've added a checkbox. We'll see what the consensus on that is -- does it resolve the issue or is it too big a hassle.

Steve
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Of this I approve. I can't speak for anyone else, but this should minimize the pain and doesn't break functionality.

Previous Page | Show All |