Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Cup games   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Raze

Azusa Toyo Carp
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd like to have the cup lineups separated from the league lineup. To me, that'd make everything easier, and its more organized. As for the current structure, I like it as it is.

Updated Monday, August 15 2016 @ 9:44:18 am PDT
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I could go along with your idea Raze.
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would love cup lineups/pitching staffs, most of the time during the week I don't have time to switch out lineups, which results in me using major league players (would pref not) in these games.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
How would the pitching work? Would your league rotation pause when the cup kicks in? Or keep rolling? If a pitcher is in both the league and cup rotations, what prevents him from being called upon in the last league game and the first or second cup game? In my case, most of my cup starters have bullpen roles in league. What are the chances my cup rotation actually calls upon guys in a way that somehow relates to their fatigue?

I get how a separate cup lineup could save a few mouse clicks. But I have difficulty seeing how two separate rotations are going to play nice with each other w/o a login to babysit.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Lol for me the pitching problem is easy. 10 of my pitchers on my roster are starting pitchers
AD24

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"How would the pitching work? Would your league rotation pause when the cup kicks in? Or keep rolling? If a pitcher is in both the league and cup rotations, what prevents him from being called upon in the last league game and the first or second cup game? In my case, most of my cup starters have bullpen roles in league. What are the chances my cup rotation actually calls upon guys in a way that somehow relates to their fatigue?"

The same way Major league pitching and Spring Training pitching do? I have yet to see an issue with these 2, maybe you could have ST pitching become ST/Cup pitching? Same with ST Lineup.

We don't use ST Lineup/Pitching for 95% of the year. It would give it a new use during the season. Then we have 2ish weeks off to change the lineups back to your Spring Training lineup/pitching.

Updated Tuesday, August 16 2016 @ 3:39:02 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
One big difference between the cup and ST is that ST happens at the start of the season, while the cup happens during the season.

I think what Seca is getting at, is that your Cup and League rotations could be out of sync. You don't want the guy who pitched in your last league game to pitch in your first cup game.

Personally I think it works pretty well as is. If managers want to tinker they can. But you can also just leave it as is and you shouldn't need to worry about guys being too exhausted to pitch. I think it might actually require more tinkering if you had two parallel rotations to manage.

For lineups it makes some sense because fielders don't get fatigued, but for rotations, I don't think it would work.

Updated Tuesday, August 16 2016 @ 5:40:51 pm PDT
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I believe the thought for a separate lineup/rotation would be for not having to constantly move players up/down from minors
Would be nice to have but the continuing issues with management settings would probably still come into play since ST and regular season are tied together
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry
Didn't mean to sound redundant

Updated Tuesday, August 16 2016 @ 7:05:49 pm PDT
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
The same way Major league pitching and Spring Training pitching do?

Err ... no. ML and ST and consecutive. ML and Cup are concurrent* That is a pretty big difference.

Eg.

Let's say you have 3 pitchers you want to start in cup games that don't start in League games. (3 is completely arbitrary).

League:
1: Picard
2: Riker
3: Worf
4: Troi
5: Bev Crusher

In Cup you want to rest Picard, Riker and Worf and play Wusley (it's Wusley), LaForge (he's blind) and Guinan (she throws like a girl).

There are 2 options: league rotation rolls with your cup, or league freezes while your cup rolls.

If league rolls, than you would set for cup:
1: Wusley
2: Laforge
3: Guinan
4: Troi
5: Bev Crusher

All good, so long as you realize you need to put Troi and Bev Crusher in the same spots in the cup rotation as in the league rotation. A less experienced manager might look at this and say "Troi is the best of my cup starters, so she will be 1, and Bev Crusher will be 2, and my clowns will be 3,4,5". This would be bad if they both roll. If Troi was the last pitcher to pitch in league, she will be the 2nd to pitch in cup. Same for Bev.

And even if you get it right, what if the cup series calls pitchers 3,4,5,1? Now your ace gets skipped in league. This is what I mean by having to babysit the rotation.

So what if league freezes while cup rolls?

Then you want ... I have no idea what you want. The rotations are going to totally desynch. It would be a complete mess unless you have 10 starters. Babysit bigtime.

Its all counter-intuitive. The forum would have "why didn't my ace pitch?" threads on top of "why did my fatigued starter not pitch?" threads. It would be a mess.

* - if you dismissed all of my and Rock's arguments about the value of having cup during the season, and want to blow out the cup in 3-4 days b/f the season starts, then ya, the lineups are consecutive and everything works beautifully.

Previous Page | Show All |