Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> 1 year limits   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
And speaking of that, part of this Japanese player's name was *bleeped* out when I posted it earlier - see my post today in HERE.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
If there's a built in bleeper, that will cut down on the actual legwork Steve has to do. Even if it returns some false positives (I don't know what was bleeped there?), it's likely better than not having the custom option.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I used to have a Japanese player with that last name Yamas**ta. I put the stars in this time so that it wouldn't get censored. It is highly annoying when posting about them, however I do agree with Haselrig on the auto-censor probably saving Steve some time moderating, which is a good thing in my opinion. Maybe since it is a name in the database, either removing the name (less desirable option but probably easier) or going into the filter and putting an exception to not beep the s word when it is preceded by Yama and followed by a.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally, I'd happily put up with any annoyance an auto- bleeper causes me if it means someone like Philliesworld can continue playing. Better over-sensitive than under on this one I think.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh I'm in favour of the filter, but as newtman suggests I thought there might be a way around it.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Haselrig, I didn't say that over-censoring wasn't better than undercensoring for these, but I do think if there is a way that this can be fixed it would be really nice for Steve to do it. Also when you draft or sign a guy with the Yama*beep*a last name, I hope you still feel that way.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I was just speaking for myself there. I can't recall the last player I posted about on the forum, so it wouldn't likely effect me all that much compared to some others.

I can't imagine it shows up in more than a couple surnames in the game, but it would take the length of a career to filter out the ones that are already in. A fix would take some time to be completely effective unless each instance was edited.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Depending the software used, you can put in exceptions. For instance the name DB could possibly be put in as exceptions.
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Isn't this thread about 1 year limits?
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like this in I am in my second full season I only missed like 20 games of my first season.

Previous Page | Show All |