Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Management   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jwils2

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In management you should have should have one update button that updates everybody instead of updating each player individually.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...that's on the to do list.

Steve
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it would also be helpful to have a separate reset button here, one for batters and one for pitchers.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So a reset players and a reset pitchers...I think I can do that.

Steve
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Cool! :)
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi,

Has this been forgotten, by any chance?

I got the impression it would be a simple and quick change, but so far ... nada. :(
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry, I have not forgotten about this change. I’m actually looking into what I think is a better overall solution using AJAX. Rather than have the management page be driven but updating individual players or the whole team, I’m thinking of having the management selection values automatically save when changed. Of course, under the current mechanism, this would require a whole page refresh and be very cumbersome. However, if I use an XMLHttpRequest, I think it can run pretty seamlessly.

The holdup has been that I’m not really an AJAX expert, so I’m trying to get up to speed on it so I can make the site’s interface more dynamic.

Steve
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's ok Steve, take your time. Your new idea seems to be a nice improvement.

I'd also like to add a new suggestion about this.

How about splitting batters management from pitchers management and put them under Lineup and Pitching, respectively? It just feels to me that's where these things belong. You could create new buttons, next to the Update Lineup and Update Pitching buttons and call them Management.

Speaking of feelings, and on a different subject, I also think the Minors belong next to Roster and before Lineup.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...some good suggestions. I have to see how the management page works/changes when I figure out the AJAX modification. But I will consider laying things out that way.

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay, please check out the new Management (Beta) page. If you have any comments or issues, I have opened the following Discussion thread: New Management (Beta) Page using AJAX

Thanks,

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |