Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Back of the Napkin Ideas   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Mike, that's idea is so simple even I could participate. Hopefully someone can set it up.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
One more thought before I'm out. It would probably be better to not use Level VI simply because there are too many leagues and choices. Heck, even V is pretty darn big. Dividing V into two might make sense, that way there's no more than 8 choices for each position. There would still be 10 overall players per team that way, which seems like a good number to me. The breakdown would end up being:

Legends and II
III
IV
V leagues 1-8
V leagues 9-16

Pick a 2027 MVP and Cy Young for all five to make a 10 man fantasy roster.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I LOVE this fantasy idea Mike. So simple, yet extremely interesting. I would like to add a few comments on the process though.

I see what you are saying about there being way more VI and V leagues than other divisions, but I would still argue that there should be division VI players allowed.

I do like the idea of splitting them up by league though. I would suggest the following system:

1 P and 1 NP in Legends/II
... III
... IV
... V (1-8)
... V (9-16)
... VI (1-8)
... VI (9-16)
... VI (17-24)
... VI (25-32)

That is only 18 players. I do not think it would take too terribly long to pick these players. And, the people who take it more seriously than others could spend as much time researching as they like. But if you want to just pick MVP/Cy Young awards winners, then you can do that in a heartbeat.

Long story short though, I really don't think that VI should be left out.

We could even just say pick one pitcher and one position player from each of the six divisions, period. I would be ok with that too.

Edit: I also think that any players should be allowed, not just MVP/Cy Young award winners.

Updated Sunday, June 26 2016 @ 8:25:24 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Slug on this, LL VI should be included. The 18 players he suggests isn't too many, as a matter of fact I think it adds depth without going overboard on required research.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Love this idea!
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would like to ammend my previous suggestion.

We might as well not combine legends and II. That way we will have an even 20 players (10 hitters 10 pitchers), and every league will be assured players on the fantasy team.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So how will this be done, in a thread on the forums here, or on a different site? Also, who wants to get the ball rolling? I would, but I'm not even sure where/how to set it up...
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What if an MVP/CY Young winner was on your team? Open season still?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The idea calls that more than one person can draft the same player. Therefore I wouldn't see any reason why you couldn't take someone off your own team.
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, I think the idea is good. All that really needs to be done is to decide on the point system and the values for each stat, clarify any miscellaneous rules (I was thinking like everyone must pick one relief pitcher or something like that), and then I can create a template excel spreadsheet very easily using these point values that everyone may use to keep their running point total. Then, maybe at the quarter points of the season or something like that we can compare point totals on a fantasy forum thread.

Just to be clear, when players are selected, once the 2028 regular season begins you may not change players, even in the case of injury. You just have to live with your picks. And to answer your question, yes you may pick people off of your own team.

Previous Page | Show All |