Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Positions   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'll start by admitting that I'm not sure if these are enhancements or fixes.
(1) I would like a player to learn to play at a different position than what is listed. For example, I would like to take a 2nd baseman and make him able to play SS. The game allows me to do this but I don't know if there is a penalty to their defensive skills for this or not. If so, maybe a player can skill-up to a new position over the course of playing a new position for X-number of games. This would especially be true for the MINORS but also the MAJORS since it happens frequently in real life.
(2) When looking at the ROSTER page, the players that have multiple positions are displayed with just a single position. I would like to be able to see all positions of a player on this page.
(3) On the page where the line-up is set, some players are MISSING their positions. But on that same page, I see all positions for multi-position players (which is helpful).

Thank you!
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
(1) This is already possible, a player needs almost a season to get his new position acknowleged (g.e. ss,of, ...) and another season to get full position xp (g.e. SS,OF, ...).
Players without full position experience do more errors or doenst play the position at full potential.
(2) Roster page would be overcrowed/-filled with to many positions thats why there is only the main position (highest positional XP) displayed.
(3) on this page only learned positions are displayed (halfway (ss) or full (SS)). Players with no position displayed are not familar to any position because he is a bench warmer or played at to many different positions that he didnt learned one right.
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
AmUnRA - are you an Admin on the system?
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
(crud...the last message/reply saved before I was ready. My next part of what I posted was the following:) Can you or someone tell me what that magic number of games would be? I have a player from last year that had 211 AB but he doesn't show up with a position. I would have thought that was enough.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
no no admin just playing since more than 2 seasons.

but as i said you need (almost) a season to get that first position experience. and players could also loose that earned XP when not playing or playing on another position. When he has 500+ AB in a single season without new position something might be wrong.

admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
1. A player will gain a little bit of position experience with every game he plays at that position. It takes approximately a full season of playing a position before he gets a minor/small indication for that position.

2. On the roster page, the only the primary position is shown (which is sufficient for most players). Also, there is a limit to how much information we can put on every line. As you pointed out, when it’s really counts, in the update lineup page, we will display all the positions per player so you can set your lineup with the most data.

3. Can you give me an example of where this is happening and I can try to fix it.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the reply Steve.
LINK: http://brokenbat.org/lineup/317/1
Nav Path: I click "Lineup" > "Update Lineup" for either LH or RH pitching.

From there, I see all players listed and their "player card" numbers but under the Pos column (which is the 5th column), all the players don't have positions listed. In fact, seven of my players don't have any position listed. Because of this, I sometimes have to bounce in and out to ensure I've got the right players in the right positions. I hope this makes sense and that you can help! Thanks
Dew South

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks for the reply Steve.
LINK: http://brokenbat.org/lineup/317/1
Nav Path: I click "Lineup" > "Update Lineup" for either LH or RH pitching.

From there, I see all players listed and their "player card" numbers but under the Pos column (which is the 5th column), all the players don't have positions listed. In fact, seven of my players don't have any position listed. Because of this, I sometimes have to bounce in and out to ensure I've got the right players in the right positions. I hope this makes sense and that you can help! Thanks
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
(3) on this page only learned positions are displayed (halfway (ss) or full (SS)). Players with no position displayed are not familar to any position because he is a bench warmer or played at to many different positions that he didnt learned one right.

your players played not many games the last seasons and do not have enough position experience to show something - as I already stated.

look at them, none of these players played more than 50 games the last two season combined!
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, many of those players (ie. Shane Huff & Ryan McCarthy) aren't competent in any position (although they have a best position).

So Shane Huff isn't really good at playing any position (from a position experience standpoint), but his best position is still 2B.

He does have good range, fielding and throwing arm, so with playing time, he probably could be good at any position (but has very little position experience anywhere right now).

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |