Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Match engine, explain thyself.   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually skim the game summaries in between doing all kinds of other things so I know roughly how my players are performing in better detail than just eyeballing stats. What I'm wondering is if it's possible for the summaries to include reasons why a player was swapped out? Some of them are obvious--like for instance if you're up by 6 and your starter leaves in the 7th he's probably reached his pitch count. Others are not so obvious--like if your 3b has gone 3/4 in the game, why is the engine pinch-hitting for him? If I can track the patterns in how/why things like that happen, then I'll have an idea what I should look towards changing. Is this at all a possibility?
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/rules#algorithm

I don't know if it will answer your specific question but try this link to the game manual.

The game manual also has a lot of useful information about game strategy for new players.
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I know about that section. Still think it would be helpful, however. Particularly when you expect someone else to come off the bench in a situation. But perhaps that's just my n00b showing.

Previous Page | Show All |