Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Pitching Updated   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Manger Controls were it says starters will pitch at least 75 and have a max of 5 runs.
!!NEW!! text saying inning 9th closer will stay in game for the 9th inning tied game.
What i mean to say is closer roles are updated.
and in the controls its says closer will finnish game in 9th only. Will not get pulled or switched unless they loose the game or it's a tied game.
This would mean if you place a player in closer role.
No matter his pitch count or hook limit he will pitch untill the game is tied, and/or he losses the game. for closer only not set up man.
Please rate +1 or big "NO" on this idea?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm guessing English isn't your first language, because I really don't get what you are saying...

My guess is that like the other thread you are unhappy with your closer being pulled after he hits his pitch limit, or that he is coming in before the 9th inning. The solution would be either raising his pitch limit or selecting the 9th as his first inning, if it is one of those two.

No changes are needed for how the management of pitchers works in regard to this imo.
wuggla

V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitch Count: sets a limit on the number of pitches a player will throw before he is removed.

Fatigue Limit: set a limit on the frequency of appearances and number of innings a relief pitcher will pitch. A positive value means he will be able to pitch more often with greater fatigue, but might be less effective in those performances. A negative value means he will pitch less often, but will be fresh for those outings.

Hook: set a limit on the runners and runs a pitcher is allowed before he is pulled. Essentially, is compared to the number of earned & unearned runs a pitcher has given up, plus the number of base runners. The higher this value, the longer the manager will leave the pitcher in the game.

Basically, the pitcher is replaced if either of the following conditions are true:

- 2 * Earned Runs > Hook
- Total Runs + Base Runners > Hook

First Inning: set a limit on the first inning that a reliever would be brought into the game. Has no application for starting pitchers.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
what i'am try to do or say is this will not apply in the 9th with a closer. his role will be 9th and will not be pulled switched or changed in the 9th if he is game.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Big no from me

His 6 stamina is not going to allow him to throw many pitches before getting yanked even if hook is raised to 6
wuggla

V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
The thing i'am saying is if i set my closer to higher pitch count the game will still pull him if he's above pitch count or he's at the hook limit for runs.
: The closer (CLR) usually comes in to close games usually in the 8th or 9th inning to close out games that his team is narrowly winning. He is not required stamina, but needs some of the other pitching skills. Many closers have high velocity levels so they can quickly strike out their opponents. WHAT I WANT CHANGED IS NO LIMITS: he only leaves the game in tied game or after he looses it if he does not get a save.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't like that idea, because if things start going badly then there is no recourse. Also, what happens if it goes to extra innings? If you currently have your closer set to come into the game in the 7th (seen people do this) and by the 9th he is at his pitch limit because he has thrown more pitches than it usually takes (let's say 50) then you would probably want him pulled so that he doesn't get injured or so tired that he starts giving up runs.

If you don't like your current pitch limit or hook then raise it, there is no need for a sweeping change to how closers are handled.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What you ask is simple, a change in the motor of the game, and that is quite a big no.

If you want your closer to pitch only the 9th or until is tied or lose, then set his first inning to be the 9th, if he has the stamina to stay a whole inning, then you are sorted. Just remember, if your pitcher gets fatigued, or his hook is reached, then the manager will pull him. If you want to prevent this, put his hook higher too.

Look at my closer, he has a hook of 3, pitch count of 45, and his first inning is set at 8th. And also he is set to pitch if only is in a save situation.

Previous Page | Show All |