Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Spray chart   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nelson1805me

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Any chance we might get a batter/pitcher spray chart any time soon? It would be neat to have the stats for our batters hitting to different directions. I know we get to see their averages and slugging percentages, but I think it would also be fun to see where they are hitting. It would also be neat to know if certain pitchers hit batters to predominantly one area. That would be kind of cool to see, although I'm sure it is easier said than done.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So what would the spray chart look like? Just a chart of the defenders the ball was hit to or something that records actual field location and type of ball (line drive, fly ball etc.) that occurred?

This is need on a per player basis or a per match-up (hitter versus pitcher) basis?

Steve
nelson1805me

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I suppose I envisioned something like the ESPN gamecast stat just with a general ballpark and each individual player having their averages displayed in the different fields. I'm not sure as much specifics, maybe others could chime in.
canadian87

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the small details like this should be put on the back burner. There is a lot more prevelent things that could be updated before something like this. For example searching for players by min SI in the free agents section.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I do try to rank the suggestions based overall value to the game versus time to implement them. I like the spray chart idea, but again...I think it probably lower on the list then a number of other things.

I would like to hear all the suggestions though and will do my best to implement the reasonable ones in a timely manner.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |