Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> The last word   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
TheBa8e

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks guys. I wanna participate, just don't want to get torn up to do it. :)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I, for one, want to hear from more people. Especially from a newer generation of players, so I hope you guys choose to continue posting and commenting. It'd be a shame if we lost new ideas and perspectives because of this stuff.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 Haselrig

Everyone, repeat after me....

I, state your name, resolve to resume/begin participating in the forums. They deserve my participation. We have an awesome game. We have an engaged and caring community. And I will participate with love and respect for this awesome game and with empathy for my brothers and sisters because in the presence of true empathy, cruelty cannot exist.

*If anyone is wondering, the above is not sarcastic. I'm a different sort of cat, that's all. What kind of cat?
Tiger :)
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree to all
Lots of help and some posters just want the last word
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, yes they do. :)
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Thanks guys. I wanna participate, just don't want to get torn up to do it

I've found myself in a few such arguments that you don't want to get involved in, and I understand that. Really, I've found that if someone disagrees with you it is really easy to not get into anything by simply not restating your opinion for the fifteenth time. If your idea or opinion is a good one and others agree with you, they will let the other party know for you. It takes two to argue. Everyone here will probably tell you I'm the last one to be talking about that though... and they are probably right ;)
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I hadn't posted anything yet because I really wasn't sure what my reaction was to the initial post. I play other games where the forums are full of trolls and people who seem to be so full of venom that they couldn't say anything nice. That really isn't my perspective of this site, this is not meant as an argumentative post, it is meant to explain why I was kind of shocked and disappointed when I read the initial post. I do agree with Haselrig's comment that it is nice to hear from fresh people, because otherwise we risk the forums just becoming an echo chamber which ultimately would be to the detriment of the game long term.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I do try to monitor the forum as best as possible. There have been a few discussions that have gotten away, but I try to point them in the right direction. The last thing we want is people quitting over hard feelings from forum comments (please keep this in mind everyone).

As a whole, I think most of the discussions on our forum are pretty much on point (compared to a lot of internet forums/comments). I do expect everyone to treat the other users with respect and also keep in mind that we have people of all ages playing the game.

Steve

Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

I do expect everyone to treat the other users with respect and also keep in mind that we have people of all ages playing the game.

So I can't get into flame wars about Buck Ewing being the greatest catcher of all time with these whippersnappers?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The last thing we want is people quitting over hard feelings from forum comments (please keep this in mind everyone).

For anyone who's played an online game they really liked that just went dark one day, I'd say this goes for the Admin of a game like this as well. No matter how much you love a hobby, if it becomes a chore you start looking for other things to do.

Previous Page | Show All |