Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Career Stats   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Steve, is it possible to add a "career stats" just after the "active players only" (or wherever) to see how, generally speaking, good is my team?

it could be useful to see if a player is "just in a slump" or if he's not going good.

i know there's the "career records" with acrive players only, but it's so hard to read all the records around. The table on the statistics page is very quick and has the splits too!

thanks in advance
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So you want the statistics page to display the career statistics of all players (all current players)?

Steve
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yes it is.

and i see that i mouse over a L/R Split in the stats page, i get a little popup with the numbers of AB. it would be nice to have the same function on the lineups page!

thanks Steve!
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
hi Steve, how about that proposed feature? :D
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
and i see that i mouse over a L/R Split in the stats page, i get a little popup with the numbers of AB. it would be nice to have the same function on the lineups page!

Don't we provide the applicable split on the line-up page? VLHP for lefty lineup and VRHP for righty lineup?

Hey Steve, is it possible to add a "career stats" just after the "active players only" (or wherever) to see how, generally speaking, good is my team?

I've looked into it. It's not as simple as simply adding another button. But I've added it to the 'to do' list.

it could be useful to see if a player is "just in a slump" or if he's not going good.

I don't understand how this is suppose to work...

Steve

Updated Monday, April 4 2016 @ 9:56:24 am PDT
cqk328

Unalaska Alaskans
VI.20

Broken Bat Baseball

Don't we provide the applicable split on the line-up page? VLHP for lefty lineup and VRHP for righty lineup?

I think he meant to have the availability to mouse over the split and see how many at bats the guy has had. For example, if you have two hitters who hit .300 against LHP, but one is 3/10 while the other is 30/100, there is clearly a difference on who you would trust to be more effective against southpaws.

it could be useful to see if a player is "just in a slump" or if he's not doing good.

Well, Broken Bat already covers the "just in a slump" part, as you can view recent games under the statistics page and gauge how hot or cold a player is. As for "not doing well," I think he meant to see if a player is underperforming his SI or potential over a long period of time. If this is the case (correct me if I am wrong), this is part of the uncertainty part of BB. Just because someone has a 100+ SI doesn't mean that they are going to be an annual all star. You have to make the call if a guy is underperforming. Do you stick with him another season, hoping he finally comes around, or do you cut him? I think that's what that last point was getting at. Again, if I misinterpreted anything, please clarify so that we can better answer your questions.
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
yeah cqk, you got it!!! thanks for your "interpretation" ;D
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
All this stuff is already there on the individual player pages, broken down even. I mean I don't have anything against the suggestion other than if it would be taking up space that could be given to other features that would actually add something.
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i understand that's on the individual page.. but.. since the career stats aren't on a table, is not easy to compare them with other players!

if we have a stats career table, we could sort and compare players despite up-down years. just imho

Previous Page | Show All |