Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Hitting streaks   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Would it be possible to track hitting streaks, or is that too much? Could be a cool feature.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
This kind of goes along with player game logs...it's something I continue look into (the coding isn't that difficult), but it means the size of the DB grows considerably.

Steve
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Well in a similar vein, and apologies if this has been brought up previously, but by 'game logs' do you mean every single game or just a small sample?

I think it would be very useful to be able to check a player's performance over a limited sample size, say last 10 or 15 or 20 games. I've had guys hit nearly .400 in a small sample and then go completely off the boil and hit .130 or so. If a player is thus averaging .265 but you know he's cold (or very cold!) its a chore to go back through every game in that span and work it out for myself, and make a call on whether to sit him or not.

I have no idea if that's hard to code or not, or how much database room it would take, but its just something I use a lot in fantasy leagues.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Could it maybe only save the current and longest streak(s)? With what's got to be 10,000+ players, I do understand how that would be difficult in terms of space though.

Previous Page | Show All |