Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Trades   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The nice thing about Jalapeno's suggestion is that it addresses both of those issues that Newtman highlighted, while still doing a pretty good emulation of Free Agency. I think we would still have the FA as it exists today. But that is really more like filler FA. This system would morph the existing waiver system into something more similar to high stakes FA. You would still be able to sign the dregs that leak through for free.
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm still very new but I tend to agree with Newton. I have played in some of these types of football leagues where the top established teams always have a huge advantage of a big bankroll and large incoming income and they can usually buy who they want. As a newbie I like this system so far where all teams have an equal chance at a waiver pickup. It seems equally fair.
pyrog

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I see. Basically, to me, it sounds like free agency with a salary cap (like the NFL). I think I like the idea; however, I agree with some of the previous posters that we should be careful to how much we eliminate RNG. I think when playing a computer game what gives it that human, realistic element is the randomness implemented. What makes sports so great is you never know what's going to happen (probably the only guarantee is the Cubs not winning the World Series). Maybe the current waiver system has too much randomness factored in but it would be a mistake to have a system that goes too far the other way.
WizKid

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What does Steve think? Is a bidding system even feasible?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It does boil down to what Steve thinks.

I still think 1000 or less effective bidding units (whatever they get called) works good. Whether that's a million bucks in increments of 1000 or 1000 single units and bids in any amount.

And I am still concerned about waivers becoming too much work, especially for the casual player.
cjmoules

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How about straight up Trades between teams with players under Contract

Free agents and waivers should have nothing to do with this and I don't understand why it has anything relevant to do with issue
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Edit: Decided I'll answer this after I get some sleep because my answer at 4am local was less than polite.

Updated Friday, April 1 2016 @ 1:13:05 am PDT

Edit 2: Spoon said what I said, only politely, so what he said.

Updated Friday, April 1 2016 @ 8:21:15 am PDT
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@cjmoules
Come up with a plan that doesn't open the door cheating and collusion and that doesn't require a ton of resources [both on an admin side or from the community itself] and I'd be behind it. People have tried, people are trying... it is a difficult river to navigate. Perhaps we should all be trying to focus on figuring it out though, so your comment has merit.

The biggest issue with traditional trading approaches is that it doesn't help retain new players which at this point in the game I think is the most important factor for making a major change outside of making the sim as realistic as possible. Waivers/ free agents immediately help new players and trades will be something that more established team will benefit from. New player could even get fleeced in trades {if a traditional straight up approach is instituted].

TL;DR: Trading systems are hard to implement and bad for new players.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
(Not so) Bold Prediction--Owner to owner trades will never occur here.
(And the game will be the better for it.)
brentswagger

Lakeville Bears
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I would be fine with no trades. I'm converting from fantasy leagues to these leagues and the main reason is if you get a bad owner or two everyone identifies them and it's a race to see who can rip them off first and it creates imbalance.

Previous Page | Show All |