Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Consistent Numbers/Evaluations   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
BadgerBoy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have been playing now for a couple seasons and there is one big thing that bothers me.

I think someones position should be based somewhat on their numbers, ex. a college shortstop in real life would not have a weak arm and and a poor fielding rating. In real life he would never be playing SS at a college level.

You could go as far to say even a High School player with no arm and poor fielding skills would be playing a skilled position.

I would suggest that players would have numbers to match their trained position (to some extent) obviously an average arm average fielding player could play anywhere in real life.

Any suggestions on making this aspect of the game better would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree, although College and especially HS is more lenient than professional baseball. I think everyone plays SS in HS at some point, no matter how bad of a defensive player they are :p

But I do agree that there are some players generated outside of a range that is reasonable for them to have that listed as their primary position.

I don't know if the player generator has any sort of sanity check on values or how it even determines position in the first place... but if there could be Arm/Range windows for each position, that might help this.

Can't do anything about fielding since that grows. I mean, there's always what they're scouted at... but realistically, you could argue the guy playing SS in college has the self-expectation that he can improve his fielding enough to pass and his coaches didn't disagree.

Previous Page | Show All |