Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Manager interaction   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

but you know the skills he has on his card, those kind of play a factor, but pretty much every manage i have looked is basically identical in terms of stats which is basically all 10s on all skills
sagan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree, the only difference is his experience. I'm just not sure what his role is.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...so like Manager feedback?

What other sort of thing would he comment on?

Steve
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You could do who to release or a type of player to try to pick up, and for the newer players you could say draft a player in case they dont know how to and would be preety good adddition so the new players know what to do

Updated Sunday, March 13 2016 @ 3:32:14 pm PDT
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It will also be good for the Manager to give positive comments regarding players.

Ex.
" I love player X as the lead bat!"
" Player x is on a beast mode!"
Balbinjj

Appleton Foxes
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It will also be good for the Manager to give positive comments regarding players.

Ex.
" I love player X as the lead bat!"
" Player x is on a beast mode!"
sagan

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have found a lot of 26 and 27 year olds that have no AA or AAA experience but are in the big leagues. The manager could determine if another year or two in the minors would be more beneficial than leaving him in the majors. Maybe they are too old for the minors in which case the manager could give a recommendation that any minor league experience at this point would be useless. Just things along that nature.

Like I said, I don't see the reason for paying for a manager when he is just following the "management page". He really needs to become more involved.

Maybe a batting order recommendation. Even a "management page" recommendation.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you want a manager's recommendation, set everything to default. Also, do you have one of the new managers? They can make an impact in all phases of the game. Let's be honest, baseball is about the players, not the managers. Conventional wisdom says all you can get is +-2 wins for a manager, and those are the extremes. It's tough to really say, though.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I really like the suggestion. I see it as showing up in the mail.

Not so much recommendations. More:

"Hey boss. You see how Smith is tearing it up in AAA? Can't wait till he makes the big club."
"Hey boss. We've lost a couple in a row. Should we shake up the batting order?"
"Rojas is such a plus in the dressing room. Bringing more than just his bat."
"Another 3 errors from Boras. You sure that's who we want at 2B?"

More flavour than hints. Probably crazy hard to implement as I'm imagining.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like maybe flavor and pointing out potential holes (e.g. your Boras quote)? I suppose this could be where you might have a manager occasionally give the assignment hits like Newtman wanted. Something like:

"Casey looks like he could use a bit more time in the minors."

Maybe sometimes just a plain comment on performance based on the hot/cold meter:

"Maybe Casey needs a break, he's been in quite a slump"

But then I worry about giving flavor hints that would direct players to make changes that they really shouldn't given the game doesn't actually implement slumps in that way.

Previous Page | Show All |