Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> League restructure for rivalries   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Would cause the current pyramid structure to be scrapped.
Creation of 32 leagues of 24 teams(768) that would have 2 conferences, National and American. Each would have 2 divisions, East and West.
Current scheduling format would be used as games would be conference specific.
Division winners to play 7 game series for conference championship
Conference champs play 7 for League championship which would add 3 days to end of season based on current scheduling but each series could be compressed into 2 days only adding one day.

For kicks, A seven game, single elimination bracket tournament could be added to crown a World Champion but add 10-15 more days to season. Teams would benefit from additional income from ticket sales and player experience.

This would be the place to incorporate challenge games for everyone else if possible
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Unlike the suggestion in the other thread this is a complete overall of the game. Not sure this is the direction Steve should go if only because this would actually require a lot of hours, and could introduce a ton of bugs since the entire league structure would have been changed. If Steve actually wants to do something that scale, I'm not really against this idea, but considering he thought putting a few items on the team pages was wasted effort...

Edit: Re-read what you wrote, you said the pyramid would be scraped... so no more promotion and demotion? I would be completely against that. The playoffs you suggest are vastly inferior to a pyramid in determining the best teams for a simple reason, 7 games isn't a large enough sample to see who the better team actually is, only the better team one to one and a half times through the starting rotation.

Updated Thursday, February 25 2016 @ 8:42:42 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Another nice thing about the pyramid is that it allow any two teams the chance to play each other. For instance Newtman and myself are looking forward to someday testing out our opposing strategies (defense vs. offense). Without the pyramid that wouldn't be possible since we started in vastly different leagues. With a league approach you would be stuck in that league with the same group of teams forever.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
In a game like this, promotion and demotion is imperative. It insures that teams are playing other teams of similar quality. Without it, competition would be greatly reduced.

Steve
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Steve. This is what made CSFBBL boring after a while... all leagues were isolated and barring a player dropping entirely for a new owner to take over for the bot team, you get the same group of teams all the time which may or may not actually be a competitive group.

Previous Page | Show All |