Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Naming Stadiums   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
An idea I have is being able to name our ballpark/stadium. I think there could be a little box where we type the name of the stadium and a drop down for what kind of stadium it would be (the same things we have now Park, Field, Stadium ect.).

I think it would be a nice little touch to the game. What do y'all think?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it won't be done for the same reason we have to select a drop down menu of team names, because Steve doesn't want to spend all his time fixing inappropriate names. Unfortunately many people on the internet are childish and immature, that is why we can't have these nice things.

Updated Tuesday, February 23 2016 @ 1:42:18 pm PST
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why not allow each owner completely free naming of everything? If they abuse the privilege, Steve hits the prohibit status where they can then only use the default buttons. As someone else pointed out elsewhere, we can come in the forums and make press releases and type anything we want. Flubberdeejucket. See? What's the difference?
Here's another safeguard--don't allow free naming until someone has been here for six months. That would prevent people from signing up and then immediately causing havoc.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My personal biggest issue with stadium names as they are is that it uses the City Name and then adjective. I never understood that.

When have ballparks ever worked like that?

Yankee Stadium, not New York Stadium

Dodger Stadium, not Los Angeles Stadium

Oriole Park, not Baltimore Park

etc. etc.

I don't mind the pre-defined names, but I want my stadium to say "Ninja [word]" instead of "San Mateo [word]" since the former is far more likely than the latter.

Not that very many teams have simplistic park names these days in the first place, but if they ever did, it was by the team name, not the city as far as I know.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Can't think of any baseball examples, but I can think of a basketball one... Charlotte Colosseum was the home of the first iteration of the Charlotte Hornets.
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Another one is LA Memorial Coliseum which will host the LA Rams next season
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I take it back... Oakland Coliseum.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There's an improvement idea, you can have the option to use either your city name or your team nickname plus whatever word you select. So your options would be [City/Nickname] [Word].
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve needs to put a team in from Coffey Missouri so they could play at the Coffey Grounds

Previous Page | Show All |