Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Cup Rosters   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Instead of every time having to bring some minor players up for the cu p and sometimes aren't able to get on during the cup. why not just have a place where u can set your roster for the cup. The minors players would miss any minors simulation games played while the cup is going on. It would be easier for teams who want to play the minor league players easier, and if your trying to win the cup then there should be a button "copy regular RHP lineup". The lineups could be called "Cup RHP lineup", and "Cup LHP Lineup" or u could just have one lineup for the whole cup regardless of pitcher and it could be called "Cup Lineup", TY for reading this.

Updated Tuesday, February 9 2016 @ 2:10:58 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It's not intended that you play your minor leaguers in the cup. That's Spring Training. If you did this with your players, they're either not going to get the minor league training they need or you'd be wasting the big league playing time on minor leaguers. There is no double dipping -- getting both training and experience.

In real baseball, minor leaguers have limited options. You can't just swap them between the minors and the big league teams every few games.

Steve
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In real baseball, there's no cup that takes place throughout the regular season where your stars can potentially get injured and miss out on League games either :p

Also I don't think the OP wanted to double dip... he wanted the minor leagues to miss training if they played Cup games due to being on this Cup roster.

I don't think it's so simple to code though. I was under the impression training/experience is assigned on the Friday update based on their current level and what they did at that level that week. If my assumption is correct, it would be very difficult to say "you just get the training for 5 out of 7 days and your experience for the 2 days of the week you played in cup" or whatever.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you want to play your minor leaguers call them up and put them in the lineup that day, and then send them back down and put your full time major leaguers back in the lineup afterwards. Injuries are a part of sports, the fact that off the field injuries can't happen is already a leg up on real life, so if you are that worried about cup injuries you likely just need a deeper roster.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed. It's not like League and Cup play on the same day. You have nearly a full day's worth of space to log in and set rosters the next set of sims. It's not even like it requires a lot of micro-management.
DaveCool

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The problem with calling up prospects is that they will start getting a major league salary as soon as they hit the roster.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Also I don't think the OP wanted to double dip... he wanted the minor leagues to miss training if they played Cup games due to being on this Cup roster.

My point is this...at the end of the week, when training happens, you're either a minor leaguer or a big leaguer. You're NOT going to get the same credit for playing the full week in the minor leagues AND full big league experience too. So it's not advantageous to be take someone from the minor leagues and playing him in the big leagues for a few games -- it's not going to push his development forward faster.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Steve, bookmarked for reference.

Previous Page | Show All |