Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Waiver Claims Idea   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Wine13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I know that this has been talked about before because I was looking thru the threads and I know some people are frustrated because they haven't claimed a guy in a while. And that is very possible especially at the beginning of a new season when you have lots of players available, but it is frustrating when someone gets 2 or more players on the same day when there were multiple claims on those players.
Couple of examples are:
01/25/16 January 15th 2026 Gabriel Yin P 25 Waiver Claim [30 claims]
01/25/16 January 15th 2026 Allen Turner OF 33 Waiver Claim [1 claims]
01/25/16 January 15th 2026 Gabriel Webb OF 32 Waiver Claim [1 claims]
01/25/16 January 15th 2026 Dave Francis OF 31 Waiver Claim [7 claims]
and
01/27/16 January 22nd 2026 Jerome Ramos P 24 Waiver Claim [21 claims]
01/27/16 January 22nd 2026 Victor Martens 2B 19 Waiver Claim [2 claims]
01/27/16 January 22nd 2026 Anibal Rodriguez 3B 25 Waiver Claim [2 claims]
In the 1st one he claimed Francis first and then got the next 2 becuz he was the only one who put in claims, but then also got the guy who had 30 claims on him.
In the 2nd one he got the players with only 2 claims, but then got the guy with 21 claims.
My suggestion would be that once you get a player who has multiple claims you cant get another player with multiple claims that day.
In the first case he gets those first 3 players because he won the random draw on the 1st guy and was the only one who put claims on the next 2, but would be eliminated from getting the fourth guy unless all teams trying to claim said player had already claimed someone that day and then they would all be put back in the random draw.
In the 2nd example lets say Teams A and B put in for Rodriquez and A got him. Then Teams B and C put in for Martens and C got him. A and C would not be put in the random draw for Ramos if they put claims on him.
IMO the teams who got Yin and Ramos should not get them because they already claimed "better" players that day based on SI.
I hope this makes sense. I really like the randomness of waivers but someone getting 2 or more players with multiple claims the same night doesn't seem right to me.
In this example:
01/27/16 January 22nd 2026 Leonard Dunn P 28 Waiver Claim [18 claims]
01/27/16 January 22nd 2026 Randall Lindsey OF 30 Waiver Claim [3 claims]
01/27/16 January 22nd 2026 Ralph Mitchell OF 31 Waiver Claim [1 claims]
He gets Mitchell still gets Lindsey because Mitchell didn't have multiple claims on him, but is not involved in getting Dunn.

Updated Saturday, January 30 2016 @ 4:33:11 am PST
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I could see some merit to that idea Wine, but I also think it may be a little too restrictive. Particularly to new owners trying to turn over their roster quickly.

The offseason waiver rush tends to bunch all the better players into a two or three day window. Being able to only land one per day would be a hard pill to swallow if you're trying to fill multiple holes.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Norwalk. Another reason I don't like it is because it's completely arbitrary. What's the difference between getting two players today or one today and one tomorrow? Nothing. Also, the higher SI guys go first. In most instances I would prefer the lesser SI player because he's someone I want for the future. He might give me several years while the veteran may simply be a stop-gap for the current season only. There's no way to resolve preferences with hundreds of owners.

No, if an owner gets on a hot roll, he should be able to let it ride and cash all the winnings he can get. After all, he might not get anything again for weeks.
Wine13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Haselrig--"Particularly to new owners trying to turn over their roster quickly". I understand this concern but to me that is what free agents are for. We are a week from the regular season and there are 100 pitchers with a 12 POT <under age 30 and probably 200 NPs. New owners who want to flip most of their roster should be able to find players from that selection. And thats just the guys under 1million.
@Mu.. Mike--"In most instances I would prefer the lesser SI player because he's someone I want for the future". Me too. So lets say the guy you want has 47 claims and by SI he is the 30th player to go thru claims that night. Of the 29 players already taken 11 of those teams also want the guy you want. In my scenario they are eliminated from getting the guy you want increasing your chances. I would think you would be all for that.

Updated Saturday, January 30 2016 @ 7:57:20 pm PST

Updated Saturday, January 30 2016 @ 7:58:45 pm PST

Previous Page | Show All |