Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> 'Holds' recognised under all time stats   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

AB, 2B and 3B would also be cool
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I'll had those to the 'to do' list.

Steve
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What exactly is a hold anyway? I think my (1st place) team had literally only one hold last season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hold_(baseball)

1. Enters the game in a save situation; that is, when all of the following three conditions apply:
(a) He appears in relief (i.e., is not the starting pitcher); and
(b) He is not the winning pitcher; and
(c) He qualifies under one of the following conditions:
(i) He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and maintains that lead for at least one inning
(ii) He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, or at bat, or on deck
(iii) He pitches for at least three effective innings.

2. Records at least one out

3. Leaves the game before it has ended without his team having relinquished the lead at any point and does not record a save.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
For some reason holds are really low in this game. I only had 12 last season. I had 3 with my setup, 5 with my left handed setup, and 2 with my closer. Holds with your closer generally shouldn't be happening... I'm hoping those are 2 of the 3 saves my LHS got.

Setup men are usually the guys who get the most holds because they typically come in with the right situation. I have my setup set to come in the 7th inning, so I'm surprised he doesn't have more holds. But I do bring my closer in in the 8th, so that's probably the problem.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think part of the problem is the way the SU role is defined in this engine. Don't they come in at +/- 4? You really only get holds in what would otherwise be save situations but you don't finish the game to get a save. Anywhere from -4 to tied doesn't qualify. +4 doesn't qualify either unless the bases are juiced. That's a lot of situations a SU can enter and not qualify for a hold.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep. Either that, or you have to pitch 3 effective innings without ever going behind. Pretty hard either way.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 to holds being added. I suggested this several seasons ago, but admittedly the stuff added since then seem to have been more imperative.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Added at bats, doubles, triple and holds.

Steve
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve for president of Planet Earth.

Previous Page | Show All |