Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Bullpen Order   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...my mistake. Yes, the columns are hard to determine in the text box.

Steve
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The more I think about this, the more I need to +1 this suggestion.

I don't like how the roles currently work. Guys don't really get used in a way that makes any sense to me. If we could define the RD that might help.

Though another issue is the limitation of role slots. I've said this before and I'll say it again: it's absurd that there are six SU slots but only two MR slots.

You can't work around this in any way when certain roles have strict RD triggers that you can't change at all.

MLB bullpens are not so cut-and-dry. Roles are more vague aside from CL... sometimes you might have a real SU or 2... but often times relievers are just general relievers and get used when the manager thinks they need to be. And LR? Just whoever most needs to get innings in at the time. It's not really a role, it's "what happens now no longer matters so who needs some work?" Often uses for youngsters to get experience in low-risk situations, or guys coming off the DL or just guys who haven't thrown in a while.

Setting inning and RD would be the only way to emulate this.

Updated Thursday, January 14 2016 @ 3:49:58 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally I have had almost no trouble with not having the guy I want in at any particular point, I have only had trouble with guys not performing as well as I would like. That said I could go either way with this idea, as I see no particular negative to us getting to set RD for usage.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Not saying this is a bad idea, but it certainly raises the barrier of entry into the game a bit. Reading through Steve's manual, I think even someone who knows nothing about baseball can create a rotation. But with these sorts of settings, I think more novice players might be overwhelmed a bit.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well they can always default to follow the current logic per role...

maybe they can be on a separate "advanced settings" area that you have to actually click to go to to see. This way it's out of sight, out of mind for new players or those who simply don't care to use it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I could go with an advanced page. Of course I'm not the one who has to program it, LOL.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally I have had almost no trouble with not having the guy I want in at any particular point.

+1

Not saying this is a bad idea, but it certainly raises the barrier of entry into the game a bit. Reading through Steve's manual, I think even someone who knows nothing about baseball can create a rotation. But with these sorts of settings, I think more novice players might be overwhelmed a bit.

+1
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My suggestion was for this to be an optional setting. I understand many people wouldn't want it. I think there are many who would. One example of why I would: right now your set up guy comes in if you're down four runs in the eighth inning. The lastguy I want coming in is him and right now he's first on the list.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I get that.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

My suggestion was for this to be an optional setting. I understand many people wouldn't want it. I think there are many who would. One example of why I would: right now your set up guy comes in if you're down four runs in the eighth inning. The lastguy I want coming in is him and right now he's first on the list.

I very much agree. Maybe down a run or two... but I don't really want a setup guy when I'm losing in most cases. I want to save him for holding leads.

Previous Page | Show All |