Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Add Waiver/Free Agent Deadline to Events page   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Although it is clearly marked in a couple of places, it might be useful to add an event that actually shows on the event list for the closing of the waiver claim/free agency period each season. It is basically the only significant event that can not be tracked from the events page from what I have seen.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1

Additionally or alternatively, I think it would be cool to have a countdown displaying the time left to sign free agents since it's possibly the most significant event of the season. I think it sneaks up on people and that could eliminate that. The most obvious place would be directly under the date and time in the upper right-hand corner.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like that in addition to it being on the events page, if it is possible. Maybe start said timer 30 game days before the deadline which should be around a week in advance. Or were you thinking making the timer set to real life time?
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would think it would be simple to add it to the events. Regarding the countdown, I think it would be best to have it as real time probably starting at a week.

It might also be fun to have a countdown to start the new season.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I'll look into adding something. An event might be possible....I'm not sure I want a count down on the page header...but I'll try a few things out.

Steve
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If not a countdown how about a simple message in that spot between the real world clock and game date? Something like...

Free agency closes at (real world time/date).
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...there is now an event that will list when the free agency/waiver deadline hits. You'll be able to see it next season when September 1st rolls around.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |