Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Fielding %   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement but I was thinking that a Fielding % would be a nice addition to the statistics... Reason: Seeing the amount of errors that a player makes is nice but there's a big difference between a player that makes 10 errors out of 200 chances... and a player that makes 1 out of 5.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I actually could output that information, its a matter of how to display everything on the statistics line (which is already extended to far at times).

The other thing, is that fielding information is only gathered and stored on an overall basis, not by position. So fielding percentage would be accross all positions.

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think it would be fine to have it as an overall % instead of by position... As for where to put it... maybe on player's individual pages, like CS% is for catchers?
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
FPCT is more accurate for multiple positions than an absolute value. 25 Errors might be okay for a SS but unbeliavable high for a RF but FPCT would show the real defensive value with .975 to .940.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
btw you could make SH and SF a single column as they do not have that much value/influence.
And you could also remove the "P" (or "V") from VLHP and VRHP
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
But aren't fielding percentages sort of position dependent too?

Steve
LCabral23

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In the MLB they definately are but I think that for our purposes not having it be position dependent would be okay.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"But aren't fielding percentages sort of position dependent too?

Steve"

not that much as it is only PO+A/PO+A+E
some positions have some advantages and others not. And players with a high range are somewhat penalized for misplaying a difficult play while low range player just let the ball pass as an hit without getting the error.
But FPCT better describe defensive value than "E" without mentioning PO and A.

Previous Page | Show All |