Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Prospect Tourney   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Could we have a Prospect Tournament.
Every team could send 5 players in the minors.
So the 6 team East division would have their own team and the West division would have their own team
you can rank them by how good they are.
this would take place during cup if you are not using the player in the cup
or it could take place during the classic but some minor leaguers might not be eligible since they might be representing for the smaller countries
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The problem with that is there is no way to insure that there will be players for all positions or enough pitchers.
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
And then there are the Bot teams
Think there is too much uncertainty and conflict with normal schedule and probably not much interest
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
okay i see that but teams could be assigned positions to put in the tourney
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
This is something we can add to the list to consider. It would be pretty time consuming to implement, but I think it's possible.

Would the players come from all levels (Rookie thru AAA)?

What's the tournament format?

Steve
jreynoldson913

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes all rookie through AAA and tournament format would probaly be a regular tournament and ranked 1- however many teams there are by their rating with a few play in games for lower rated teams if they don't fit perfectly in a regular bracket
95th Cub

Racine Bombers
VI.18

Broken Bat Baseball
In all honesty, this sounds like a better outline for a Futures Game than a tournament. I know there are a few positions I wouldn't have enough of in the minors for a tournament.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm for anything that makes the minors even more interesting. It's my favorite part of Broken Bat but, I think I'd rather see a winter league like those suggested elsewhere in the forums than a tournament. Something where you send a couple prospect to a winter league similar to the pre-Castro Cuban League during the dead period of the minor league schedule to play a few series and get one extra training update.

It'd kill three birds with one stone. It would add a layer of strategy and self-determination to the minors. It would make player development even more interesting and it would be fun to run your guys out and see how they stack up in actual simmed games against the best minor leaguers in the game.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It could be run as a junior world classic

Previous Page | Show All |