Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Friendlies   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I like gizmo's idea. It would allow folks to do something on those off days, without messing around with stamina, injuries or training. Imagine if your star pitcher got a 35 day injury because of an exhibition game. That would cause a lot of anger on the boards...
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
I like this idea. It would be fun to play some series against my son in law.
I too think that injuries, stamina and training should be turned off for something like this.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would rather Steve spend his time on other things that impact the game, but I think it would be a great idea down the road assuming the no injuries/no energy/no experience thing is applied.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd be for this idea if Steve wants to work on it at some point. If they were called Barnstorming games instead of Friendlies, I think it would fit Broken Bat better though.
jonny6

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In some sports I've seen tournaments work where eliminated teams will get rated in tier 1,2,3, etc. so they can play games after they're eliminated from the main tournament. For this I had a look and there are 756 in which 256 make the cup and 500 don't. These 500 can be split into 4 or 5 tiers and then organized into groups of five and then have a mini round robin while the other teams play out the rest of the tournament.

To then give teams knocked out of the top 256 a chance to play some more games loser brackets can be created that would mimic the top bracket but would actually be more of a consolation prize.

Ex.

Team A beats Team B
Team C beats Team D

Team A plays Team C next round
Team B plays Team D in the consolation

the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Should be called "Barnstorming Friendly"
To keep the traveling baseball team and soccer cup connection

Certainly not a priority but great to have
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't like the loser tourney idea as much. One of the nice things about proposed friendlies is that it would allow friends and rival to schedule grudge matches with each other, but still allow for some random friendlies as well. Given it would have no impact on play (no injuries, fatigue, or training) it wouldn't be a disadvantage is someone just wanted to take a break for a day either.
CoryCates

Rocket City Trash Pandas
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
I kinda like the idea of "Friendlies", but I want the Cup Tournament to be something to work toward. What I mean is the teams, like mine, that are not very competitive yet in the cup, need to improve their teams if they want to play extra games during the season. If I want to play games against other teams I usually don't get to then I need to improve my team. I just wonder if adding Friendlies will possibly make some teams not try as hard in the cup because they know they'll get extra games against their buddies in the season anyway.

Another point is that if we have Friendlies and turn off the injuries then we should turn off the injuries during the cup as well, which I feel would be a bad idea because the season is supposed to simulate real time.

Just my opinion. I can see both sides of it.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
But cup games count for something and friendlies would not... so I have to disagree with both of those points.

Why try less hard in the cup just because of friendlies? Sure, you can play extra games... but 100% meaningless games. At least in the cup, you can potentially win a championship of some sort.

And that's why injuries won't get turned off for the cup. They're real games with a real purpose even if not everyone cares about that purpose.

Updated Tuesday, December 22 2015 @ 1:58:11 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with Crazy, plus in the cup we are getting experience for our players. It would be unfair to get the experience but not have a risk of injury.

The idea with friendlies is that they are 100% meaningless towards the league or the cup. Just some fun on off days. If injuries were on, no one would want to risk playing friendlies, and it would just be wasted coding for Steve.

Previous Page | Show All |