Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Fall/winter ball   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
DANGLESNIPECEL9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Each league could have it's own not fall league but maybe 7 game series where prospects from each division team up together to take on prospects from the other division in the league.

For example:
It would be the Eastern Prospects vs the Western Prospects in a 7 game series where say the prospects get an increased training boost for the duration of the series. So the top 25 prospects from each division are invited to play for their respective division.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Top 25 determined by what though? Criteria is hard for minors players when their stats aren't exactly indicative of much.
Spoonerific

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure I'm in favor or not, but each roster spot could be filled in by the highest players in each position according to their prospect rating number.

Not a fan for an real advantage given to either side though, aside from if it happens finals week, then you'd have a few more players getting training.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Something like this would be horrible. Imagine if you didn't have any guys selected or got very little playing time. I also don't think it would be very compelling.

Besides, Steve added a lot of games to spring training a few seasons ago. That gives us a chance to watch and develop our youngsters in a far superior fashion.

Updated Thursday, December 3 2015 @ 4:31:17 pm PST
DANGLESNIPECEL9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well if you don't have anyone selected you kind of have a weak farm system, no?
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's why I suggested we could each select a p and np.
DANGLESNIPECEL9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Going back to this... What if each prospect got the same small training boost regardless of how much they play in the fall league?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Well if you don't have anyone selected you kind of have a weak farm system, no?

No.

Its doubtful selection would have anything to do with how strong your farm system is. Maybe how developed individuals are. But developed guys are often sucky prospects.

Prospect rating has very little to do with how good a prospect actually is. For instance, guys with a lot of range, speed, and arm are ALWAYS given high ratings, even if they suck at everything else.

Updated Sunday, January 17 2016 @ 2:21:49 pm PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's kinda like saying a 108 SI guy is objectively better than a 99 SI guy... not really. What position are they? Where does the distribution fall? The sum of your attributes doesn't make you great on its own.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, current SI means virtually nothing to me for prospects. Much better indicators are their ceilings as shown in their potential, scouting report, and SI gain (if applicable). If they are not gaining 5-10 SI a season during their 20-24 yo seasons in the minors then there is something wrong in my book.

Previous Page | Show All |