Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Gold Glove formula?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have no complaints, all the guys who played good defense for me got gold gloves, the guys who didn't play good defense, didn't get gold gloves for me.
AnimalMother

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I thought my league selections were accurate
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just out of curiosity, are games played weighted in anyway? I only ask because my current OF had more games played than the guy who won, as well as 1 more Outfield Assist.. although his FP is .001% lower.

Just looks like my guy lost because he played more games. Maybe I'll withhold him a few games if that's the case :P

Other than that, I agree with the rest of the winners in my league.

Updated Tuesday, February 2 2016 @ 3:54:39 pm PST
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@McDoogle, yours played primarily RF whereas the winner you linked played and won CF. Your CF was much worse. The guy who won RF against your guy played significantly less time, but did far better.
Mcdoogle

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I did wonder about that. Thanks.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, games played at the position is a factor to a point. For example, there is no penalty for playing 145 games at CF versus 160 games.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed that as Doyle won the gold glove for LF despite playing the last third of the season at 2B. Not sure if that is as intended, but he did have a stellar season in the outfield before I needed him to move to the infield.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well he did play 115 game in LF, so that seems like the right place for him to be evaluated at.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
He will be evaluated at both positiond (technically you could win the Gold Glove at two positions, practically not though). However, at 2B he's going to get hit with a pretty hefty discount on his evaluation because of limited playing time there.

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
New goal: Have a player win a gold glove at two positions in the same season. :)

Previous Page | Show All |