Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> waivers idea   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Since you have players on waivers and we can view them in searches now, allow waiver claims

Replace the unavailable sign block with a submit waiver block. Then make a list of all teams that submit a waiver claim during the waiver period. At the end of waivers, award the player to the team that has the oldest waiver claim.

To start things rolling you would have to use earliest bid to decide when 2 or more teams have no prior waiver claims.

This would change the game some from a race to the FA button after players come off waivers. Would also add a tactical element of whether to use your waiver or not to keep an older waiver claim date for a better player down the road
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Part of the reason to have a random wavier period was so players would become available at a random time thus making it more fair for everyone trying to sign them.

Before you could just log in after the bot updates and pick from the best of the new free agents.

Steve
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i like the waiver claim...but isn't the point of waivers is that it looks at all the teams who make a claim and give it to the team that is the worst?...therefore trying to create a balance in the league buy giving the hurting team a chance to hurt less...

i like the waivers...but i say of all the teams that claim...give the player to the team with the lowest team rating...

even if the best team put in a claim as soon as the player was released...and the worst team put their claim in 5 days later...
Ajax

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That would make sense if we were all in the same league. But because teams from different leagues are competing from the same players, choosing the worst team rating would make it so Div I, II, or III teams never got a waiver pickup because the higher division teams hold a stronger team rating.
tc_ferdzz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well...

A) doesn't the team in the lower leagues need this small advantage over the higher leagues?

B)this is not entirely true due to the fact that some lower league teams might choose to forgo taking a player because of financial restraint...

plus...say the waiver lengths are restricted to only a couple of days...some people might just miss the waiver period altogether allowing the high leagues to get some players...
clodhopper

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I like the idea of waiver claims. TC has some good points about the lowest rated team getting an advantage.

Here is how the MLB does it:

If a player is waived, any team may claim him. If more than one team claims the player from waivers, the team with the weakest record in the player's league gets preference. If no team in the player's league claims him, the claiming team with the weakest record in the other league gets preference. In the first month of the season, preference is determined using the previous year's standings.
thevinster

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So maybe give teams in the newly released player's league priority, then teams in the same division, then go down every division until a team with a claim is found. Then go by worst record. Although I'm sure it would be difficult to make such a system.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Ultimately, I think we need to move to a bid system...but that's a ways off.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |