Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Rehab / demotion to affect Form   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd like to suggest a way for us to snap players out of their funky Form. I went through half a year of my stars being very cold. It seems that once your very cold, it's hard to snap out of it. I wanted to bench them all as punishment.

Got me thinking...it happens in RL in most sports. Starters ride the pine for a few games. People sent to the minors for 'conditioning'. Something for a coach to do as a wake-up call, drive them to practice more and snap out of their current bad habits.

How about something like demoting people to the minors or being on the bench has a chance to bring them back to Average form to give them a chance to break out of their funk?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
We have never confirmed the existence of a form attribute. If you’re in a prolonged slump, it’s probably because the dice hate you or you’re facing good pitching or your stars aren’t as good as you think.

Let me also say, even at the major league level, there doesn’t appear to be any proven way to break a slump. Big league managers try various things…but are any of them truly effective?

Didn’t Wade Boggs claim that eating chicken before each game kept his hitting form high?

Steve
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Form doesn't work that way. It's just a small snapshot of their recent performance versus what's normal as far as I'm aware. It doesn't actually affect gameplay

Edit: Steve beat me to it

Updated Thursday, October 22 2015 @ 4:35:53 pm PDT
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh, I'm sorry then. I did not know that. It's good to know then that it's totally arbitrary and provides no insight on potential continued good or bad performance.

Would it be possible then to have it give a little more info? Such as, xx for xx (.xxx), x HR, x RBI in last x games?
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Try the Statistics page, Latest tab. The info you ask for is already there :)
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Well now. Thank you for that. I had no idea it was there. :)

Previous Page | Show All |