Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> All-time Team Records Stat Addition   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Couple of nice additions, I like jonny's suggestion re: active players also
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Would it be possible to have an all time leader-board for active players for all the current stats? Realistically I'm unlikely to ever see any of my guys features on the all-time leader boards, but being the best current active player might have some incentive for keeping older guys around a little longer.

Bearing in mind I know very little about programming, would it just be a case of adding an IF function on the current team column?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Pitchers still feel like they get the short end of the stick... could innings pitched be added to the all-time records pages? It is a stat that is already tracked like games played, so hopefully it would be easy to do.

Edit: Less important but also nice might be holds (middle relievers have no current way of getting on the records page) and quality starts. Don't see complete games or shutouts as being worthwhile in terms of the number of them.

Updated Monday, October 26 2015 @ 7:56:15 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I think both (innings & current players only) those are possible.

Steve
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
What about at-bats for batters?
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally, I'd like to see a couple more stats for pitchers before more for hitters, because there are almost twice as many hitting categories as pitching ones (11-6). I'd go for ABs if we could get holds and/or quality starts as well as innings pitched.

Sorry, I have a personal distaste for unbalanced stat categories like that.
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm a stats freak and I can second adding innings pitched and quality starts. Holds, not so much, as it's pretty hard to have a 7th inning setup man, referring to discussion in another thread ;)
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm all for pitchers getting their due, too. Don't get me wrong. I just didn't know what their equivalent would be
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I was mentioning holds because I have a couple really good middle relievers who will never make any of the current categories (they would make the ERA one, but they don't go enough innings). I split the saves up so that the back end of my bullpen doesn't get ultra expensive.
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would love to see WHIP and walks, except walks would be in ascending order from least to greatest. Also, K/9 would be a good addition.

Previous Page | Show All |