Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Draft League Games   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
jonny6

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there any chance that the players in the draft pool can play games in their own league ie. have college games, high school games, etc. that we can see when we go to draft a player. I think it should just be similar to the minor league system but maybe the memory might not be big enough to hold these games
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
LOL. I can already see Steve grimacing. He just started saving more minors data and upgraded servers. Now we want ever more :)

I like the idea, but I wonder how valuable those stats will be to us given the vastly variable states of development rookies come into the game.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
This ties in nicely to a half tongue-in-cheek suggestion I'd had an idea to post a while back of a Broken bat 2.0. Bit of "what-if" speculation.

In the 2.0 version, you could choose to own/run either a high school, college or professional team. If you choose high school, instead of a weekly draft, you would have a tryout for players in your district with five randomly generated students with scouting reports, height/weight and all other pertinent info we're given in BB to choose from once per week. You would have a JV and Varsity team with a player development/training system exactly the same as the one used in BB. Once players graduate, they would either go into the high school draft pool(the best prospects), or enter the recruiting pool for college teams (the remaining prospects).

College teams would recruit players once per week from the high school pool populated by players graduating from high school teams. Development would again follow the BB model and players would become eligible for the college pool as soon as their sophomore season depending on ability or performance.

The cool part would be the ability to follow players from the age of 13 or 14 all the way through their professional careers.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That sounds cool... but how many people would want to own a high school or college team over a majors team? The glory is trying to get to Legends, after all.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would go for a high school or college team, especially if my high school or college were on there. All "glory" in this game is what we make of it, along with some trophies. Really it boils down to what we would have fun doing. That said this would be a enormous undertaking, and I don't see it happening.

Edit: Let me explain what I meant by my statement on glory, personally I respect TwoPlums not because he has won Legends multiple times, but because he doesn't let that go to his head in his posts. Also, I respect Seca not because he has risen to Legends, but because he has helped a lot of people along the way sharing his insights. Winning may be nice, but not being a jerk is more important in my book.

Updated Saturday, October 3 2015 @ 12:55:27 pm PDT
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Very,very well said newtman. They think just as much about everyone having fun, and improving the game, as trying to be the best team.

Previous Page | Show All |