Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Games Missed Stat   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Had an idea to add a "Games Missed" stat to player cards to keep track of how many games a player misses each season. Might be adding to clutter a bit, but I think it would be a handy stat that might fit between MVP and Age. I know I'd be curious to know how many games my guys end up missing this season due to injury.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So it would only be for injuries, not for Did Not Play - Coaches Decision?

How would we handle this for starting pitchers? All games injured, regardless if it's their start day? Or starts missed?

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The way I'd see it working would be for any player on the major league roster that is unavailable to play due to injury when a game sims would pick up a Game Missed stat. The stat would accumulate throughout the season. It would provide a way to track injuries and maybe identify (whether there is such a thing or it's more of a anomaly we perceive as injury proneness) "injury prone" players amongst your own players or when evaluating free agents and waivers. It would also just be handy to see how many games lost to injury and their effect on your success or lack of it.

In a similar way that a "K" is used for a strike, maybe we could use "J" as the abbreviation with a tool-tip that would pop up with "Games Missed Due to Injury"? Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe "J" is used as a baseball stat abbreviation is it?
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Some people, not me, use their minors as a disabled list. Is there a way to account for that?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Some people, not me, use their minors as a disabled list. Is there a way to account for that?

Good point Tiger...that's going to make the stat pretty meaningless for some.

Need to think about this some more.

Thanks,

Steve

Updated Tuesday, September 22 2015 @ 5:33:57 pm PDT
mark41974

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally I do like the idea though. But yes it does require refinement if implemented.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It almost sounds like the intent here is to track how often guys get injured. If that's the desire, how about keeping an injury history for each player? Might take up a bit more DB space to keep track of all injuries, but it would be a reasonable stat to track. Games like OOTP and Football Manager keep injury histories on all players. Its a good way to try and determine injury proneness, whether real or imaginary.

Things I would expect for injury history would be: Injury Text, length of injury, and date of injury.

Updated Tuesday, September 22 2015 @ 9:21:50 pm PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I think Rock's idea is a step up from what I was proposing and it would solve the problem of injured players being sent down to the minors to "rehab".
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What if the log could be kept under the Stat/graph tab?

Previous Page | Show All |