Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Closer   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Have an option/setting to use a closer in extra innings if the game is tied.

These are the highest leverage innings of any played. If I've used all my set-up guys, I want my closer in there, not a middle reliever.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Seems like this should almost always be a closing opportunity... I think that should be happening automatically unless your opponent scores 4 runs in the top of the inning. In which case I wouldn't want my closer coming in anyhow. Sounds like an AI logic issue more than a setting.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, if your team scores one to three runs in the top half of an extra inning the closer will pitch the bottom half. That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm saying that if the game's in extra innings and all of the set up guys have been used, I want my closer to come in when the score is tied. Right now a middle reliever will come in. I don't care that it's not a save situation; extra innings are more important than any other. I always want my best non-starter to throw in extra innings.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes. I agree with you.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
(Deleted mysterious delayed double post.)

Updated Sunday, September 20 2015 @ 8:01:54 am PDT
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm ok with this as long as it's just an option. I wouldn't want this to be the default logic as I don't agree with this approach.

I have no desire to see my closer pitch in a tied game. I see real teams do it all the time and that closer loses. Seems he can't pitch unless he has the lead :p

Previous Page | Show All |