Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> League Schedule   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There's no reason to clutter the league page with this but at the same time... no, the schedules aren't sufficient. You would need to switch to each team individually and then go to their schedule. This is not convenient.

Better would be a League Scores page (how pro sports sites do it) and you default to the current set of games and can scroll back through previous ones, seeing all scores for your league on the same page.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why do you need to go back and forth between all the teams' schedule pages? Does it really matter having all the scores from each game side by side? I do think that the league page is actually perfect at this point, there is already so much information along with the row of buttons at the bottom linking to records, league leaders, navigating to other leagues and seasons, etc. More is not better when it starts being superfluous stuff.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree. I think the League page is perfect as is. And I find the Schedule page to be very useful for all of my needs.
motko

Nauvoo The Great Horned Owl
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
from my point of view the league page is far from perfect.

I see the results of last round for each time, but does it really matter wen i cant see what happened in the whole series.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is what the Schedule page is for. It was added to the league page as some extra flavor. Kind of like reading an overview in a newspaper. Cramming a ton of extra information onto the League page would just make the League page unusable.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Isn't the Schedule page just for one team though...?

If I click the link on my sidebar, it just shows me my schedule. Not sure how this is helpful to the OP's request.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Exactly what Rock said, I'd rather take out the flavor which was added last season than cram the entire league's entire previous series onto the page. Arrows going forward and back might be alright, but there are already several arrows on that page (for going between leagues and seasons) and more will just make it more difficult to navigate.

Edit: Still haven't heard why seeing the entire series matters anyways? After the latest results the previous ones are not really relevant.

Updated Friday, September 18 2015 @ 3:22:15 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just click on another team if you want to see their games. Why would you ever want/need to view all 150 games played in your league over a weeks time side by side in one display? What possible utility would there be in that?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think he's just curious how multiple teams did that day as a whole... not just the last game they played be the series as a whole.

I can't say why he wants it... that's just my interpretation. And in that case, clicking on each team and viewing their schedule page sounds kinda annoying. And then you hafta go navigate back to your own team if you wanna do anything to it.

I agree wholeheartedly that this does NOT belong on the league page. More games would be a very bad idea. It would be clutter. My own compromise suggestion was to make a new page for scores that would cover this need while not adding something unnecessary to the league page.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If Steve made new views for everyone who was curious about something, he would just spend all his time making new pages and not working on the actual game. There needs to be a compelling reason to institute a change beyond idle curiosity.

EDIT: I'm not bashing the idea, its a perfectly valid idea/comment. I think we are just having conversation as to whether or not its worth implementing something, and in that case we need to know the burning need.

Updated Saturday, September 19 2015 @ 4:12:07 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All |