Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Balance meter   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
For those who are fairly new and haven't seen previous trade implementation talks, well, I'll give you some advice--don't waste your time. It isn't going to happen any time soon. There will always be extreme opposition, but just important is that Steve said as much. We'll all be much better off trying to improve other facets of the game.
Euphael

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I get that. It is subjective. But you can all atts implement into the meter. And the balance meter does not have to be only precaution.

1. Lets say there is balance meter which will allow only "fair" trades.

2. After this proccess there it has to be confirmed by some real managers (lets say 3-7 players). And after this confirmation the trade proceed.

Also there can be space where you can report suspicious trades and if the punishment will be strict, people might rethink some cheating.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That system is inefficient.

1. blocks potentially legit trades based on some arbitrary measurement

2. bogs down trades by requiring input from other users

3. relies on everyone to police themselves and hope people won't reject out of spite
Euphael

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Right. Agree.

So just let's not trade? Huh?
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not what I said... but at this point, I'm pretty sure you were never listening to begin with.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree with Mike and Crazy Li here, there is no way to make a fair balance meter, because any set of weights would be arbitrary and subjective. I think there are other things that can and should be done first before the trade can of worms is revisited.
Euphael

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not expecting it will be done immidiately. I'd just like to know, if trades are about to implement in future. Doesn't have to be near future, could be couple of seasons. Just if that's in order?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Trades are pretty hard to implement well without running into a lot of problems and changing gameplay dramatically. Trades are also WAY to easy for someone to exploit. Just create a new account to get Mig's team, and trade all his good players to your real team.

I'm not suggesting it, but sales would be an easier first step if Steve wanted to move that way. At least a bidding system gives everyone a fair shake on a player being offered up, and presumably ensures the player is purchased at a fair market value. I think this would be the closest you could hope for in the near future.

Once again, I prefer things as they are, but sales would be a more realistic near term goal if you really want to get value back for all those studs you have to drop when you hit the 50 man limit.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
When I first joined I thought trades should be a feature, but I've found that I don't miss them at all. The waiver system works pretty well to fill that gap. If you need a position, just hit the waivers or the FA. Its has a similar effect as a trade.
Philliesworld

Blacksburg Bulldogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Well said rock.

Previous Page | Show All |