Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Are that really bot teams making all those premature callups? In that case, +1 from me, too.
I always thought that was due to inexperienced owners.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It depends...bots usually call up youngsters when they're better than the weakest player on the current big league line-up.

Also, a lot of bots have been acquired and mismanaged by short-termers.

Steve
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The problem with that is I could see it making the free agent market thinner than it already is. Any players that might have slipped through waivers that might be worth something would be potentially picked up by bots, leaving the dregs of the dregs for us humans to pick over and discard.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think its working fine. Not every player in the game needs to max out. What about all those guys sitting in FA right now? How are we going to save them? Some of them are actually good players that should be starters over half the guys currently I]on LL VI rosters.

Updated Tuesday, September 8 2015 @ 7:30:13 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Some of them are actually good players that should be starters over half the guys currently I]on LL VI rosters.

This is true, I've looked at several LL VI teams which really would be better off cutting 3/4 of their roster and replacing them with free agents, not even guys on waivers. Those guys have a chance to be half way decent players, while some guys on rosters really never should have been drafted.
elbows49

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My next cup opponent is a bot team. They picked up a free agent today. Is that new?

http://brokenbat.org/team/481
Endrju

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No, it's not new. I've seen bots in my league pick up free agents last year. But their quality was similar to the one you linked ;)
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Bots will draft new players and pick up free agents. The algorithm for picking free agents is rather crude, so they're not a smart about it compared to a human owner.

BTW, they do NOT put in waiver claims though.

Steve
elbows49

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Endrju, Steve.

I had visions of this player hitting a grand slam to derail my cup run. Turns out he's still in AA.

Previous Page | Show All |