Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Player image on Play Action   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel I've been misunderstood: I'm not looking for a unique image for each player. Couldn't care less if there's 100 players sharing the same pic.

I'd be happy to see THE SAME image for the same player every time.
Like on a picture, or a trading card, the features of a player are always the same.

OTOH, in Broken Bat, sometime he looks blonde, sometimes afroamerican, or Asian.
it's a bit unsettling for me.

(I assume it would require just a single string of storage space, or one single variable)

Once more, thanks for your effort and time, Steve!

Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm guessing it's a server-side thing that causes the wrong Casey to display. It likely serves up cached images instead of fetching fresh ones each time you load a player card. Try hitting Ctrl + F5 and see if the correct Casey comes up.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure your right Haselrig. I'm just curious why it doesn't happen on the roster page.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I have to say while I still had Bentley I was opening his player page fairly often and it seemed like he switched ethnicity quite often. He went from Asian to black to Latino to white on a daily basis. It did feel rather odd. If that can be fixed so a player sticks even to one ethnicity I could care less if his facial hair changes or the color of his hair. Other players do this as well, though some seem more consistent for some reason.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd prefer not to lose the graphics. Unique looking players makes the game more fun, and I already know what my players look like. If they changed on me it would feel weird.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Who said anything about losing the graphics? All I said was I agreed with Frank that it is disconcerting to have your player switch ethnicity on a daily basis. In other words it would be nice if the image that came up looked at least somewhat like how the guy looked the last time I opened the page.

Updated Friday, February 12 2016 @ 6:41:21 am PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...let's not argue about this. The graphic is not going away, but it's unlikely we can support a unique image for each player.

Rather than just have one dynamically created player image (which potentially could be loaded to the wrong page), we'll have a large number of dynamically created player images (100-1000) which should eliminate this issue except in very, very rare cases (hopefully).

So let me know if this is an improvement...

Thanks,

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't like it. All my guys look the same now.

Some of the players look different now (unfortunately a lot of quadruplets on my team now), but it does seem to be more consistent so far. I haven't seen faces change.

At least Tabasco Sauce kept his stash. My pitchers did ok, mostly just my batters that became a legion of bland.

Updated Friday, February 12 2016 @ 11:44:40 am PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I have tried to add some diversity to the player images...I'm just not much of an artist. Was working on backgrounds a while back, but proved to be more difficult that I thought.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think what you've added is good. I'm just cranky because some of my guys lost their character when you applied this fix. Good news is that it seems to be working so far.

Previous Page | Show All |