Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> 6th starte   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Spot starter comes from bullpen sometimes (so he will be tired for to start any next game), then would be better to have a really 6th starter in a 6 men rotation (instead 6th starter is ss).
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If the spot starter is really tired, then the game will use the Long Reliever or Long Reliever 2 as the 6th starter.
JuanCarlos_BY

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i know, but i want spot starter (rather 6th starter) always in the starting rotation.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure that if you use a 6 man rotation the spot starter is always in the rotation. Make sure to set your rotation to " 6-Man Rotation" for your Spring Training Pitching. If you have had it set to 6-Man Rotation all year, your SS should be pitching his second start tomorrow.

Updated Sunday, August 30 2015 @ 5:45:21 pm PDT
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
In my 5th game of spring training, my spot starter came on in relief and was unable to start game 6. Fortunately, I was around and able to sub in an alternate starter but many guys would not be able to. I think this is an excellent suggestion.

If anyone cares to look, I originally had Cesar Crespo as my SS but I put Berger in that slot after game 5.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hmm... That kind of seems like unwanted behavior.

+1 to original suggestion.

Updated Sunday, August 30 2015 @ 7:00:02 pm PDT
Philliesworld

Blacksburg Bulldogs
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Exact same thing happened to me.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I wonder if spot starter ever gets relief priority over LR. LR can start in lieu of SS, but if the SS is only used because the LR was unavailable, that could easily make no LR avail still for the start.

The use of SS for relief can really mess up starts IMO, but this could potentially be resolved if the game prevents this if the SS is anticipated to have a start scheduled in the next 3 or so days.

Previous Page | Show All |