Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> waiver claims   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Gizmo

We tend to complain when things don't go the way we want, even not having any control over the event but sure take credit for it when it does happen

Absolutely hit it right on the nose. We make sure to complain when things don't go our way and whine that we should have more control. On the flip side, if things are going our way, we are completely fine with the system. No one is going to complain about the low chances of winning the Powerball lottery if they win it. But you will hear whining from 99.9999% of the other players about how much money they've wasted playing the Powerball over the years.

I've had a rough year with the waiver system. The best player I've won was a 6 claim player about a week ago. But I think the system is ok the way it is.

That being said, I do think the 2 tier system would be an improvement. But I don't want to start that debate again. :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
This is your first mistake:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_averages

The "Law of Averages" is more accurately known as the "Gambler's Fallacy."
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Why do you feel the need to correct my word choice and strive to make me look uneducated by referring to a rather elementary statistical law? All I did was provide an example of a perceived statistical bias for a previous comment. Period. I simply provided some commentary in addition which you are getting all butt-hurt about.

I understood when I was five years old that if a coin lands on head, there's still a 50 percent chance that it lands on heads again.

Updated Wednesday, August 5 2015 @ 1:45:22 pm PDT
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ummmmm

What an interesting reply
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Mig (Hmm.... That sounds familiar)

I don't think Rock was trying to make you feel stupid. He may have misunderstood your point, but you don't have to snap at him like that. You sound like Mi... oh never mind. :)
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Multiple Migs? (a VERY timely Silence of the Lambs joke :)
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
? I think I was responding to Gizmo... Who didn't get incensed... When did you mention the law of averages Mig?

The fact is there are a LOT of people on these boards who are victims of the Gamblers Fallacy. I was just taking the opportunity to point out that its a fallacy for the general good. Believe me, you are in the majority from what I've seen. The "Law" of averages is a very common misconception. Kind of like the "Law" of relativity. Or Moore's "Law." We call a lot of things "Laws" that aren't really laws.

Updated Wednesday, August 5 2015 @ 4:20:15 pm PDT
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
lets throw out the Law of Large Numbers too
Still any event can only be influenced by the statistical possibility of it happening whether it's once or 1000 times
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock

Im sorry, i thought you were talking to me. If it makes you happy i feel really stupid now.

@slug & gizmo

What do you mean mulpitle migs?
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There is the infamous Mig2012
When you first signed up, thought you might be his evil twin

Previous Page | Show All |