Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Manager/coaches   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Last, and least relevant, the General Manager.

His implementation would require MAJOR changes to the game, so it's a bit premature.
But to be thorough, I had to name him too.

The GM makes an impact on signing players.
Comes with three different abilities:
- good at scouting: improved draft
- good at signing FAs: higher chance to get players on the Waiver wire
- good at signing contracts: veterans will re-sign for less money.

No. 1 and 2 will require changes to draft pool and waivers!
No. 3 is a moot point as long as economy doesn't play a more relevant role.

Ideally, a new user in BB would start with a GM good at drafting high pot players.

When those prospects are ready, it'd be the turn to the waiver wire, to sign ready-to-go FAs, to fill the holes.

Eventually, when the roster is set, it's time to keep everybody on the team by keeping salaries low.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Play-by-play announcer

Awhile ago, Haselrig came up with the idea of an improved version of the game commentary.
It was not feasible at the time.

If it is possible now, it would entail:
1- basic commentary, like now

2- expanded, but just a little bit more

3- expanded by a lot, possibly with up-to-date stats (total HRs, RBIs)

4- ultimate, definitive, bells-and-whistels!
I remember a few years ago the ultimate fashion for websites was a sound file playing as a pop-up when you came to a site.
It's a long time I don't see it anymore. But if it's still an existing possibility, it'd be the ultimate experience to have (in the play by play version only) small files with the sound of a bat any time there's contact. And then either a glove catching, or some rhubarb for a base hit. Louder for a double. Even more for a triple. A roar for HRs.
And a whiff for KOs
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I working on the managers influence right now. I know that some people think he should have tactical effects on the field of play, but I'd like to leave that to the actual human managers to handle.

So managers will influence the game in more subtle ways like modifying pitching and defense and perhaps player development.

Starting to fold in the changes now. Not sure how we'll transition to the new system yet though...

Steve
Slug5373

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's nice to hear, and I think its good to leave the human manager in charge of some strategical points of the game.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
So my manager now has a "scouting report" that says he is terrible at everything. Should I go find a new manager or is this stuff still in flux?

NM, I see that all the manager are terrible right now.

Also, FYI, it looks like the Defensive filter isn't working properly right now as it doesn't filter anyone out. The other filters seem to be working fine.

It might be nice to flip the switch on this over the offseason so we have some time during spring training to get used to things?

Also, I might suggest balancing all the managers so they are approximately equal, with just different emphasis. That allows people to be strategic in their choice without it just becoming a first come first serve luck out fest.

Updated Thursday, August 6 2015 @ 9:04:42 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, starting to fold in some of the changes now. Probably will take effect starting next season.

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
See news announcement.

Steve
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Another idea - what if managers also had hometowns like players do?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Another idea - what if managers also had hometowns like players do?

That's doable.

Steve
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Awesome!! Thanks for reading, Steve.

Previous Page | Show All |