Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Visual Sandbox Tool for Minors   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock777's suggestion gave me an idea. How about having a tool on the minors page which would open into a simple graphic of a baseball diamond and would allow you to place your minor leaguers at the positions you project them at? This would really help visualize how your minor leaguers might fit together as a team and where your holes might be. I'd envision it looking similar to this with tooltips for each player's vitals if you hover your mouse pointer over them:

pio54bej_T1.png

If it's possible to code, we could also add a "Best Fit" button to the tool that would work similarly to the "Reset to Default" on the lineup page to slot players to their best fit regardless of current position. I think that'd really help newer and more casual players who may be confused about moving players to their best position.

Updated Wednesday, July 22 2015 @ 3:25:19 am PDT
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Brilliant idea, I'm finding as the first of my minor leaguers come through from when i first started that I've trained some at the wrong positions, and its going to cost an extra few seasons to remedy it. Will allow for more complete team building as opposed to player by player.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Nice graphic...is the point to mostly just have a better interface?

I do think that Broken Bat's UI is pretty basic...one issue is that I'm lacking a bit of skill in the graphic/UI area so that's kind of the limiting factor.

Steve
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
No, the point is to have a sandbox in which to arrange your minor leaguers at the positions you project them to play at. The graphics itself doesn't matter. The diamond I used was just an example. An ASCII baseball diamond or a line drawing would work just as well.

On teams with 25 minor leaguers at various ages and levels it can be difficult to get a good sense of how they will all fit together. As it is, the Minors page doesn't easily allow you to visualize this without a pencil and a piece of paper. If I'm drawing something like that on a piece of paper, it seems like having it as a tool in the game would benefit everyone.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I've mocked up a the tool as I see it working with a simpler baseball diamond graphic than the one I had above. Although the field would likely need to be bigger than I have it here, you get the idea:

Visual_Sandbox_Tool.png
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I really like the idea if its do able - I'd envision it as having the ability to put a player in any given spot, say SS and it having a circle around him showing his range - and would be tailored for your own specific ball-park, so you could see how much overlap you'd have with players, gaps in the IF etc.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I hadn't thought of anything like that. That's a nice addition JJNZ. I like that idea quite a bit.

Previous Page | Show All |