Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Game statistics for the year   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Any way to have a stats page dynamically generated from the box scores so we can see a page with individual game performances on one page (one line per game)? I'd like to do it with all players but it would be especially helpful with pitchers as I shift around my lineup. It would be nice to lead off the stat line with the date of the game and have that hyperlink to the box score of that game. That way I can look at my players recent performance without hunting a pecking through the schedule.

Exactly like this (Game Logs not Splits). You need to scroll down to see the Game Logs.

This request is primarily being driven by my desire to look at the last 5 or 6 outings of one of my pitchers and realizing there is no easy way to do that right now.

Updated Thursday, July 9 2015 @ 8:08:24 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You want something like the game log feature they have on a Yahoo! Sports or ESPN, right?

I've looked into that and it just not easy in terms of implementation and in terms of DB storage. It's still under long term consideration, but I can't promise it anytime soon.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would suggest dynamically generating it on demand using the box scores which are already stored in the database. Then at least it wouldn't have any impact on storage. Might take a little extra time to display as its being generated dynamically, but I would still think it would be worthwhile even if it takes a little longer to display. Implementation is of course its own horse.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...the way the data is stored currently, it's just not possible to do it dynamically...at least not in an efficient manner.

Steve

Updated Friday, July 10 2015 @ 3:32:44 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I see. You could try screen scraping, but I can see what you mean, definitely not an easy implementation.

Previous Page | Show All |