Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> minors stats   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
So you're happy with the ordering of the years, you just think rookie statistics should be at the top (because normally that comes first) and AAA at the bottom?

Steve
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yep, that's what I am trying to say :)
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow that was quick! Looks great! Thanks Steve!
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I actually think it was better like it was before.

In terms of progression, rookie level is the bottom level, therefore what makes sense is to show it at the bottom.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Top to bottom, bottom to top, doesn't matter to me as long as the most recent stats are at the bottom or the top. They should just be from oldest to newest and lowest class to highest in either direction.
I just don't like the most recent in the middle as they were, that's counterintuitive to me.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As far as I remember, the newest stats were always at the bottom of each level.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes mig, which is why I asked for the change I did. Before you would have something like this:

2022 AAA......
2023 AAA......
2022 AA.......

Which meant if you wanted to see the most current stats for the above player you had to read the middle line. Counterintuitive if you ask me. But like I said, bottom line or top line are fine with me, I would just prefer it be one of those, not a middle line. Currently Steve set it up the former way which was my suggestion. If he wants to switch to yours I'm good with that, I just don't want it going back to what it was a couple days ago. I think we've made small but nice progress here.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I like it as is. The problem with reversing the order is that it would be the inverse of the major league stats. Your majors would look like this:

2020 ...
2021 ...
2022 ...

While your minors would look like this:

2022 A ...
2021 A ...
2021 Rookie ...
2020 Rookie ...

Tops shows the most recent stats at the bottom, and ESPN does as well. Since most baseball statistic are shown top to bottom, it only makes sense that BrokenBat would show them the same way.

BTW, MiLB also shows the minors stats in this format.

Updated Monday, July 6 2015 @ 2:22:30 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...clearly baseball statistics are listed chronologically from oldest at top to newest on the bottom. The question of ordering for the league is somewhat trickier...but since most players progress up through the minor leagues, we should probably order lowest league at top (oldest) and highest league on the bottom (newest).

I think the other order made more sense when there was just one season of statistics. But now, I think it makes sense this way.

I see that MiLB does it one way. Baseball America does it the other way.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I kind of think it makes more sense with the lower leagues on the top since the chronological progression is top to bottom. But as long as it is consistent.

Previous Page | Show All |